5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited vs BTS ride quality, NVH

dynastyss

Reaction score
Hey there! I rode a limited ecodiesel and loved it, but a bit too much and want to take advantage of the 0%/72 months. I am now thinking of grabbing a 5.7 BTS (too hard to find ecodiesels). I am curious, not having driven the Big Horns, do they ride roughly similar? Road noise, vibrations, etc? Also is the interior that much of a downgrade?

Thanks!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hey there! I rode a limited ecodiesel and loved it, but a bit too much and want to take advantage of the 0%/72 months. I am now thinking of grabbing a 5.7 BTS (too hard to find ecodiesels). I am curious, not having driven the Big Horns, do they ride roughly similar? Road noise, vibrations, etc? Also is the interior that much of a downgrade?

Thanks!

I think the biggest question would be did the limited have an air suspension or not? If it's the regular suspension then they should be very similar in ride quality. The BTS has vinyl w/ cloth inserts vs leather. I'm sure the other materials used in the limited interior are nicer as well but I'm more than pleased with my BTS. It's the most luxurious vehicle we own and that's comparing to my wife's Pacifica w/ leather and all.

dynastyss

Reaction score
Appreciate the response. It did have the air suspension, but I am glad to hear you enjoy yours! I want almost the exact same spec as yours :)

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My ORG with 18" wheels rides a tad smoother than my dad's 2020 Limited ORG with air suspension and 20" wheels.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I think the biggest question would be did the limited have an air suspension or not? If it's the regular suspension then they should be very similar in ride quality. The BTS has vinyl w/ cloth inserts vs leather. I'm sure the other materials used in the limited interior are nicer as well but I'm more than pleased with my BTS. It's the most luxurious vehicle we own and that's comparing to my wife's Pacifica w/ leather and all.
All 5th gen Ram 1500 Limited's have air suspension. It's an option on the Longhorn and below. Not sure about MY 2021 and above though.

We have a Limited and a Laramie, and it would be difficult to tell which one I was driving if I didn't know. The Limited might ride ever so slightly better, but the difference in price is not worth it if that's the reason for considering a Limited. The BTS edition is based on the Big Horn. I test drove a couple different Big Horn 1500's when I was shopping last year, and they rode pretty much the same as the Laramie. You can't go wrong with either choice.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier the presence of air suspension will play a big part. That being said my '19 bighorn rode extremely comfortably. I have since added LT rated tires which stiffened the ride a bit but its still great.

Users who are viewing this thread