5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Tach & Speedo Ring - Blue?

skny

Reaction score
I’ve searched and read some threads but am looking for absolutely confirmation: the tach & speedometer rings on my ‘21 Limited with 12” are blue. My theme selections change fine otherwise on the 12” and in the TFT cluster, but it’d be great if the blue rings around those 2 gauges was also able to change color.
Anyone know if they should or are they forever stuck at blue? The blue theme is hard to read at sometimes on the 12”, other colors work better - but then the blue rings are out of place with the rest of the theme colors...so I leave my theme at blue.
Curious if anyone knows for certain if those are just blue rings with backlight or are actually changeable ring lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve searched and read some threads but am looking for absolutely confirmation: the tach & speedometer rings on my ‘21 Limited with 12” are blue. My theme selections change fine otherwise on the 12” and in the TFT cluster, but it’d be great if the blue rings around those 2 gauges was also able to change color.
Anyone know if they should or are they forever stuck at blue? The blue theme is hard to read at sometimes on the 12”, other colors work better - but then the blue rings are out of place with the rest of the theme colors...so I leave my theme at blue.
Curious if anyone knows for certain if those are just blue rings with backlight or are actually changeable ring lights.
Following out of curiosity. My Longhorn bezel rings have a fixed Western theme (nickel/brass outside, some white translucent labels just inside), which means it only half-changes if you try (for example) switching it to the Limited blue theme. Here's a closeup found online:
2020-12-16_22-09-25.jpg

CPenn1086

Reaction score
I think you are stuck. The Tach and Speedo rings are the only things that DON'T change on my Laramie when switching themes. I'm jealous of you Limited owners - I like the blue!

cubsfaninsc

Reaction score
I think you are stuck. The Tach and Speedo rings are the only things that DON'T change on my Laramie when switching themes. I'm jealous of you Limited owners - I like the blue!
Me too. Wish my Laramie had the blue rings, but don't forsee spending upwards of 700.00 just to get blue rings on my dials.

skny

Reaction score
I do like the blue - don’t get me wrong. But I prefer to use the red theme because it’s easier for me to read on the 12”. The blue theme lettering is difficult to see on certain screens on the 12” - like the top of the NAV where it shows how many miles to the next turn on my route. Otherwise, I’d be happy keeping the blue theme. I’ll just get used to my dash cluster being a mix of red and blue.

stronbl

Reaction score
Same for me ... Limited rings on speedo and tach are always blue regardless of theme selected. So I guess its a feature :) . On a side note, I had to change the theme from the standard limited blue because I couldn't see / read the font on the nav (mileage to destination, etc - old eyes I guess) . Longhorn or Ram standard themes seems to work ok for me (I can see and read them) but the speedo and tach rings look out of place with the new theme.

stronbl

Reaction score
I do like the blue - don’t get me wrong. But I prefer to use the red theme because it’s easier for me to read on the 12”. The blue theme lettering is difficult to see on certain screens on the 12” - like the top of the NAV where it shows how many miles to the next turn on my route. Otherwise, I’d be happy keeping the blue theme. I’ll just get used to my dash cluster being a mix of red and blue.
Just posted the same comments as you were posting. They definitely need a lighter shade of blue for readability !!

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of a side note, if you get and install the Tazer DT you can change the splash screen and the bootup screen to any of the other themes. Lone Star, Longhorn, Limited, Bighorn, Powerwagon, HD, etc...

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Glad I found this thread....I thought my eyes were real bad because I couldn't read the blue text on the Nav screen. I ended up changing to the brown theme which makes the Nav screen easy to read but I'd really prefer the blue if I could read it ;) If they would just change the color of the "miles to next" to something readable I'd go back to the blue theme.

Thankfully the speed/tach rings are still blue.

Users who are viewing this thread