5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Presets??

Maxx102

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I purchased my new Ram two weeks ago and so far I am loving it and now I have started diving more into all of the neat features that the truck has. One of the things I wanted to do was set up the presets on my radio to a similar format as my old truck, however, it seems as if the presets are limited to 12 per radio type. Is what I am seeing correct? Keep in mind that I had an 2016 F150 and I got used to the following format. Each radio type had several "pages" for presets - AM 1, AM 2, FM1, FM2, Sat1, Sat2, Sat3. The number for each "page" was 6 presets.

AM - 12 (on 2 "pages") - Page #1 had only 4 presets used (three talk and one rural as it is near my family's cabin)
FM - 18 (on 3 "pages") (Page #1 had local music stations (rock and top 40), page #2 had talk and soft rock, page #3 was a few rural stations near the cabin)
Sirius/XM - 18 (on 3 "pages") (page #1 had 70's, 80's, 90's, 2K and two others I don't remember, page# 2 had alternative, octane, Ozzy, etc., page #3 had blues, jazz, Fox news, nascar, coffee house, the blend, and a comedy channel

Again, is what I am seeing correct - just 12 presets of each or is there a setting somewhere that I have push to enable more stations? Just trying to set up the radio stations in a similar method as before.

Nukegm426

Reaction score
Just the 12 per band... your probably one of the few that has that many presets going lol.

fsjosh

Reaction score
Must be nice to live in an area with that many stations worth listening to....
If you travel for work and have a regular route, you might hit a lot of stations you want to save.

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you travel for work and have a regular route, you might hit a lot of stations you want to save.
Makes sense. I think I'd be using a streaming service or listening to audio books though.

Users who are viewing this thread