5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited or Laramie

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am considering ordering a RAM, and have priced a couple out with dealers. I have only owned Ford and have had many over the years but this new body style/tech has me looking hard at RAM.

I am a tech guy who enjoys inside comforts and looks but also not a fan of chrome. The whole tow mirror thing is crazy because I could have purchased a truck by now but the dealers around me and really within 200 miles ordered so many with tow mirrors.

OK, so the question is Granite Crystal Limited or Granite Crystal Laramie with Sport appearance package (Level 2, air ride, etc.). My issue with the sport appearance package is what I would suffer inside by not going Limited. Is the quality of Leather much better? Also, the ugly champagne bezel on the center stack in the Laramie is out of place. When they are priced out they are around the same MSRP.

Thanks for your input!

ryelinek

Reaction score
OK, so the question is Granite Crystal Limited or Granite Crystal Laramie with Sport appearance package (Level 2, air ride, etc.). My issue with the sport appearance package is what I would suffer inside by not going Limited. Is the quality of Leather much better? Also, the ugly champagne bezel on the center stack in the Laramie is out of place. When they are priced out they are around the same MSRP.

Well considering I picked up my Limited in Granite Crystal yesterday my response is biased a bit haha.

The Limited is just amazing with everything it comes with and if you want less chrome then just get the body color bumpers.

If you are getting a FULLY loaded Laramie with the Air Ride, Level 2 package, etc etc your price is going to be damn well near the Limited honestly. At that point I’d get the Limited and I like the grill more too on the Limited. Plus over time if you ever go to sell it I’m sure you would get a better return on selling the highest trim package vs a lower trim. It’s all personal preference though. The limited does have different seats than the Laramie but being honest I never sat in a 2019 Laramie since I knew what I was after. Here is what mine looks like in the color you want.

2FCC2072-C0A8-4CD9-923A-8ED906B9C59E.jpeg 74F5916D-1FA7-40D1-8664-3ED58DC97CE1.jpeg

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your truck looks GREAT! If I could find one, I would buy one right now but I can't find one with body color bumpers unless I go Kentucky Derby and then I do not want the tonneau cover (don't want to pay for it)

ryelinek

Reaction score
Your truck looks GREAT! If I could find one, I would buy one right now but I can't find one with body color bumpers unless I go Kentucky Derby and then I do not want the tonneau cover (don't want to pay for it)

I here ya man. I almost gave up waiting on my order. In Northern VA near me there are two trucks damn near identical to mine that both had the bed cover and those stupid Kentucky Derby decals in this color. I tried to buy one but the price I was given was like seriously 6k more than what I paid for mine in the end. They super low balled me on my trade and wanted to sell the truck on much less of a discount.

In the end it all worked out since my truck hit the factory like a week after I tried to buy one and was built and shipped here pretty fast.

Flot

Reaction score
I picked up my Laramie sport last week. I had the same concerns you did - my only regret is that down the road I am sure I'll take a hit on resale. However, the truck is great - I'm a fan of the interior and it LOOKS every bit as good, but have not compared quality of leather etc side-by-side.

The fact that I didn't really want air suspension sealed the deal for me. In the end I did save a few thousand $ by order the laramie sport I wanted vs the limited I didn't. In your case, if air suspension is on your list, it may make more sense to go limited.

I agree with you on the champagne bezel... but similarly, I wasn't a fan of the wood in the limiteds.

BZ23

Reaction score
I agree with @Flot. I chose laramie simply for the black appearance package, which is only available on big horn and laramie. I did not like the lilited front end as much. I liked the traditional RAM thicker headlights, and honestly, I built mine just like a loaded limited. It's extremely plush. You're not gonna have any regrets other than resale which honestly is nothing more than a name if you build it the same. This is comparable to Denali for just a grill and wood steering wheel. Plus now days I doubt value hits much when you start adding your options to compare. If looking at kbb of course.

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd go with the Limited. A Laramie is a hell of a bargain, but if you're building up to a similar price as the Limited, get the fancy headlights and interior wood trim. For comparison, buying a used 2015 f150 with the 502A package, vs buying a 15 f150 platinum, the platinum has kept its value a good bit compared the loss on the 502a. So this is coming from a guy that bought a 19 Steel limited a few weeks ago WITH the derby decal. It was the closest I could find with painted bumpers and no tow package. I had the dealer take the truck to the back and remove the decal before we even had the papers printed. Expand your search a little on cars.com for limited, type in "granite" in keywords and treat yourself on Monday!

Attachments

• IMG_06132.jpg
    IMG_06132.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
oh yeah, I forgot to add that I am extremely biased. You basically cannot go wrong! Every Laramie I've seen DOES seem a little more muscular than the Limited, which I envy a little bit.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd go with the Limited. A Laramie is a hell of a bargain, but if you're building up to a similar price as the Limited, get the fancy headlights and interior wood trim. For comparison, buying a used 2015 f150 with the 502A package, vs buying a 15 f150 platinum, the platinum has kept its value a good bit compared the loss on the 502a. So this is coming from a guy that bought a 19 Steel limited a few weeks ago WITH the derby decal. It was the closest I could find with painted bumpers and no tow package. I had the dealer take the truck to the back and remove the decal before we even had the papers printed. Expand your search a little on cars.com for limited, type in "granite" in keywords and treat yourself on Monday!

I appreciate it, and your truck looks great! I have been on cars.com and there are so many with tow mirrors it's ridiculous. I found 2 derby editions not far from me and both have the cover. I don't mind a cover but this one is not my style (backflip MX4) I am not going to pay for that cover, so they will have to remove it and give me the cost of it back. I am fine with paying the derby decals and them removing them.

ryelinek

Reaction score
I appreciate it, and your truck looks great! I have been on cars.com and there are so many with tow mirrors it's ridiculous. I found 2 derby editions not far from me and both have the cover. I don't mind a cover but this one is not my style (backflip MX4) I am not going to pay for that cover, so they will have to remove it and give me the cost of it back. I am fine with paying the derby decals and them removing them.

Just don’t get too hung up on the price for that cover. Telling them they need to remove it probably work either.

You probably have a number in your head already you want to spend on a truck. Just keep that same number and if you buy one with the cover just make sure you get the truck for the price you want. You could always remove it yourself and try to sell it for 200-300 probably fairly easy.

The tow mirrors are annoying I would agree. Hinders a lot of searches. I’d either pull the trigger on maybe one of those derby trucks if you can get it at the right price or see about making an order.

I waited 7 weeks for my truck and ordered on 4/28. So if you go that route I would count on waiting that long if not more. I got mine fairly fast though.

UltraMadMax

Reaction score
I am considering ordering a RAM, and have priced a couple out with dealers. I have only owned Ford and have had many over the years but this new body style/tech has me looking hard at RAM.

I am a tech guy who enjoys inside comforts and looks but also not a fan of chrome. The whole tow mirror thing is crazy because I could have purchased a truck by now but the dealers around me and really within 200 miles ordered so many with tow mirrors.

Thanks for your input!

I would go with the Limited based on what you wrote above. Otherwize, you will have regrets.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just don’t get too hung up on the price for that cover. Telling them they need to remove it probably work either.

You probably have a number in your head already you want to spend on a truck. Just keep that same number and if you buy one with the cover just make sure you get the truck for the price you want. You could always remove it yourself and try to sell it for 200-300 probably fairly easy.

The tow mirrors are annoying I would agree. Hinders a lot of searches. I’d either pull the trigger on maybe one of those derby trucks if you can get it at the right price or see about making an order.

I waited 7 weeks for my truck and ordered on 4/28. So if you go that route I would count on waiting that long if not more. I got mine fairly fast though.

Thanks, I can deal with 7 weeks but If i order now then I have to go with E-Torque and that doesn't bother me unless there is some delay at the factory. I don't want to wait 3 months for a vehicle.

RAM 4times

Reaction score

Thanks for your input!
to me it's not even close on the leather. the laramie's leather seats are very good. the limited's are just better. i have never sat in or driven a better looking interior before. my current ram is a 13 longhorn with the black and cattle tan interior which looks great but the new 19's blows that away also.

RAM 4times

Reaction score
Thanks, I can deal with 7 weeks but If i order now then I have to go with E-Torque and that doesn't bother me unless there is some delay at the factory. I don't want to wait 3 months for a vehicle.
sorry to say, you might as well forget ordering one then. just try to find one on a lot. i knew with this new truck 10 to 12 weeks for most of us. some less, some more.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
DOnt order one then. Buy one on a lot. Most people wait almost 3 months. I order on 4/8 and still dont have my truck

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If your getting the lane assist package and the 12" screen - go limited. As someone above said, the F150 Lariats with the 502A package and options are essentially a Platinum but they don't have the same resale.

I built up my Laramie to about $57,000 but am not a fan of the assist package or the 12" screen so I didn't go the Limited route.

On the transport with my truck was a Kentucky Derby edition Limited in Delmonico Red. If I had to build a Limited, it'd be that truck. What's interested is my dealer removed the Kentucky Derby decals before putting it out on their lot!

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I made a deal on a 2019 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 Kentucky Derby. In stock at dealer in Atlanta and they are delivering it tomorrow. I did it all by text, and phone. They are removing the Derby stickers. and I will sell the Tonneau and put on what I want. Look in the other thread for my deal

ryelinek

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I made a deal on a 2019 Limited Granite Crystal 4x4 Kentucky Derby. In stock at dealer in Atlanta and they are delivering it tomorrow. I did it all by text, and phone. They are removing the Derby stickers. and I will sell the Tonneau and put on what I want. Look in the other thread for my deal

Hell Ya! Look at you pulling the trigger from this morning!

You will love it. The Granite Crystal is gorgeous on the Limited. Congrats!!!

Users who are viewing this thread