5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited only available with 5'7'' box?

bander770

Reaction score
I'm hoping someone here might be able to clear this up for me. I'm being told by 2 local dealers that a 2023 Ram 1500 Limited can only be ordered with a 5'7'' box (both have told me the 6'4'' box is not available in this trim). The build tool on the website and the official brochure indicate the 6'4'' box should be available with the Limited trim. Additionally, doing a new inventory search across the country, there seem to be a few Limiteds available with a 6'4'' box (albeit not nearly as many available as Limiteds with the 5'7'' box). Can anyone here clear this up for me? Thanks in advance.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think because it is getting close to the end of the production year, they are making things unavailable to force orders to use certain parts. It doesn't make sense, because the 24s will be the same, but Rams track record never made sense. I went to a dealer last week and priced a Laramie with a Hemi. The same day, the Hemi is no longer available on a Laramie anymore.

bander770

Reaction score
I think because it is getting close to the end of the production year, they are making things unavailable to force orders to use certain parts. It doesn't make sense, because the 24s will be the same, but Rams track record never made sense. I went to a dealer last week and priced a Laramie with a Hemi. The same day, the Hemi is no longer available on a Laramie anymore.
Thanks - this makes sense and explains why both of the dealers (and Ram customer service) were being shady with their answers. I guess I'll wait for 24 before I order.

Last edited:

6of36

Reaction score
Thanks - this makes sense and explains why both of the dealers (and Ram customer service) were being shady with their answers. I guess I'll wait for 24 before I order.
I don't know it for fact, but that's all I can figure. I decided to wait til 24 to order a Limited, due to not being able to get trailer surround camera. When I found out I could order a Laramie right now, through Mark Dodge, and get 23% off, I thought for that price, I would settle. Now can't get a V8? Back to waiting for 24s.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I don't know it for fact, but that's all I can figure. I decided to wait til 24 to order a Limited, due to not being able to get trailer surround camera. When I found out I could order a Laramie right now, through Mark Dodge, and get 23% off, I thought for that price, I would settle. Now can't get a V8? Back to waiting for 24s.
You're on the right track... I'm trying to map out in my head how the limits on the laramie configurations would actually help the end of year production coming out right and in my head it ends up like one of those puzzles where you have to get the fox, the chicken, and the bag of chickenfeed across the river in a canoe one at a time without losing anything.

But for purpose of the post, THIS particular build seems to be available to order. And don't trust the build & price, you can still spec out a 2022 TRX of course :)

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
v8 short bed Laramies?
Laramie 4x4 Short = V6
Laramie 4x4 Long = V8
Laramie 4x2 Short = V6 or V8
Laramie 4x2 Long = V8

See what I mean? You can't leave the chicken and the fox alone on the riverbank, and you can't leave the chicken and the feed on the riverbank, and you can only fit one in the canoe with you at a time.

6of36

Reaction score
Laramie 4x4 Short = V6
Laramie 4x4 Long = V8
Laramie 4x2 Short = V6 or V8
Laramie 4x2 Long = V8

See what I mean? You can't leave the chicken and the fox alone on the riverbank, and you can't leave the chicken and the feed on the riverbank, and you can only fit one in the canoe with you at a time.
What idiot orders 4x2? It's crazy, they are losing sales.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What idiot orders 4x2? It's crazy, they are losing sales.
If I had to guess...a lot of people in southern states who need a truck but do not need 4x4. That's what I have picked up in a lot of posts and signatures. Up north there is almost zero chance you are getting a 4x2 truck even though for half the year or more That's all you're running.

bander770

Reaction score
1500 Limited 4x4 certainly available to order for sold-orders. Dealer allocation for STOCK orders may vary but for customer-orders it's all good at this moment.
View attachment 158777
Thanks for the reply and forgive my ignorance - are you saying I should be able to do a custom order for a Limited with a 6'4'' box? If so, that means the two dealers I asked were wrong (and Ram Customer service dodged the question when I asked).

Last edited:

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply and forgive my ignorance - are you saying I should be able to do a custom order for a Limited with a 6'4'' box? If so, that means the two dealers I asked were wrong (and Ram Customer service dodged the question when I asked).
Correct, ordering Limited 6'4" looks 100% available for a customer sold order, from where I sit. If the dealers are not accustomed to placing sold-orders, or were possibly not intending to actually place it as a sold order, I could see how they could make an error - it's not entirely intuitive. Ram customer service, call center not in front of the ordering software for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread