5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Occasionally won't come out of 1st gear

Airbearmd

Reaction score
This only happens occasionally after starting and putting in drive. It will not shift out of 1st gear. I have to pull over and shift into neutral and then back into Drive. Dealer says they cannot diagnose the problem unless the problem is occurring at the time. They also claim that it is probably a software problem and have no other reports of the same problem.

Really annoying!!!

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine would not come out of first gear because of a weak battery. Happened at the 2 year mark, replaced battery under warranty and all is good since.

Airbearmd

Reaction score
Mine would not come out of first gear because of a weak battery. Happened at the 2 year mark, replaced battery under warranty and all is good since.
I'll check the battery as it is three years old. That is kinda of a screwy problem that the transmission CPU would be affected like that.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
As mentioned, if it wasn't accidentally locking 1st gear out by the gear limit buttons on your steering wheel, then it's likely the battery. Low or weak battery on these trucks (and most modern vehicles) make them act weird, and there has been quite a few people who noted gear selection issues that were down to a low voltage battery.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Mine does it too. But I have the Pulsar so that could be my problem. Also I have the GT which could also be the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online