5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LIMITED Lowered on 34.7

Fatboy

Reaction score
Lowering links. They are for sale on the market page

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lowering links. They are for sale on the market page
Oh ok. I’m raising mine to fit 36” tires. But I like the filled wheel well look. I’m sure with the lowering links it is just about riding on the bump stops right

Hemi79

Reaction score
I cut mine off. But yes it was.
With the bump stops cut off, I'm assuming you mean meatal cup they snap in, have you had any issue with contact. I trimmed my stops to only leave about 1/2" or less of rubber below the cups and it looked great and rode decent, until I hit a sharp bump and the back felt like the shock bottomed out, its spine jarring. I have been trying to troubleshoot and was leaning towards cutting off cup. Any insight on issues you had or resolutions?

Hemi79

Reaction score
With the bump stops cut off, I'm assuming you mean meatal cup they snap in, have you had any issue with contact. I trimmed my stops to only leave about 1/2" or less of rubber below the cups and it looked great and rode decent, until I hit a sharp bump and the back felt like the shock bottomed out, its spine jarring. I have been trying to troubleshoot and was leaning towards cutting off cup. Any insight on issues you had or resolutions?
**UPDATE**
I ended up putting factory links back on due to the truck bottoming out pretty bad a couple of times on the bump stop cups. Yesterday I cut the bump stop cups off and installed Belltech 5924 Bump stops and what a difference. In Aero mode if you hit a big bump you can tell its contacting bump stops but not bad at all. In normal mode it rides great. Entry exit looks great too, more level and of course sitting on bump stops, but driving through a parking lot or very smooth road does okay.

Users who are viewing this thread