5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited leather seat wrinkled after 2 years/70k miles.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
Trying to give an update for all guys here. The service advisor said he would get the driver seat replaced for me if it is still under 3/36k basic warranty. But now there is really nothing he can do up to this point. He also mentioned that any local upholstery shop can make the wrinkle goes away very easily by just a little cost. I decided not to do anything yet, but will visit a upholstery shop later up to the point I can't stand with it anymore.
BTW, several years back one of my friends got his 4 runner driver leather seat replaced once with his car at 2/30k with some obvious worn. That is how I got the idea that I should bring it up to Ram.

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Trying to give an update for all guys here. The service advisor said he would get the driver seat replaced for me if it is still under 3/36k basic warranty. But now there is really nothing he can do up to this point. He also mentioned that any local upholstery shop can make the wrinkle goes away very easily by just a little cost. I decided not to do anything yet, but will visit a upholstery shop later up to the point I can't stand with it anymore.
BTW, several years back one of my friends got his 4 runner driver leather seat replaced once with his car at 2/30k with some obvious worn. That is how I got the idea that I should bring it up to Ram.
The upholstery shop is going to heat it up with a heat gun. It will look good for a little while but the wrinkles will come back. I would just live with it if I were you.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You need help bro.

There’s nothing wrong with the seat cover.

Best of luck.
That's a bit harsh. I see the issue he's complaining about even if you don't. I wouldn't be happy if the seat in our Limited looked like that either. Dealer said they would replace the seat under warranty (if still within 3/36). I'd be making an appointment if it were me.

U

User_3336

Dealer said they were going to replace it (but appears you are OUTSIDE your 3/36 warranty) Sounds like you are just impatient.

Last edited by a moderator:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's a bit harsh. I see the issue he's complaining about even if you don't. I wouldn't be happy if the seat in our Limited looked like that either. Dealer said they would replace the seat under warranty (if still within 3/36). I'd be making an appointment if it were me.
He said he is at 70k miles. Well outside his 3/36. Nompoint wasting any more of the dealers time on this

Papi4baby

Reaction score
Perhaps.

But come on! Is not new and has quite a bit of use, is not like it’s peeling or ripping. Nothing last forever.

If it came across that bad, I apologize OP.

Users who are viewing this thread