5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited leather seat wrinkled after 2 years/70k miles.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
Hello guys, just want to have some opinions on this topic. My truck is just about to reach 70k miles after 2 yrs and 2 months using. The truck is my daily driver. I am not a big guy with 5'7 and 160 lbs. The surface of the driver seat starts to show some wrinkles recently. Also I have 7/125 Maximum Care with the truck. My questions are
1. Does it look normal to you? Should I be concerned about it?
2. Should I bring it up to the dealer for warranty when I take the truck for the 70k service?
3. Will Maximum Care cover this kind of "problem"?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 214
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 216

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello guys, just want to have some opinions on this topic. My truck is just about to reach 70k miles after 2 yrs and 2 months using. The truck is my daily driver. I am not a big guy with 5'7 and 160 lbs. The surface of the driver seat starts to show some wrinkles recently. Also I have 7/125 Maximum Care with the truck. My questions are
1. Does it look normal to you? Should I be concerned about it?
2. Should I bring it up to the dealer for warranty when I take the truck for the 70k service?
3. Will Maximum Care cover this kind of "problem"?

Thanks in advance.
1. Yes. No.
2. No.
3. What problem?

All of my prior vehicles with leather or pleather have developed these wrinkles (even worse) from repetitive ingress and egress contortions.
The only way to avoid it is to lift your backside up and over without sliding across it all the time.

79 300

Reaction score
I understand this is a different vehicle than yours, but my wife has a 2013 Grand Cherokee with 66000 miles and the front seats look similar to yours with the wrinkles. I even put leather conditioner on them a few times per year, and it is garage kept so the sun isn't beating on them all day.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Looks to me like it's just the one panel in the seat that's wrinkling. I've had leather seats with double that mileage and they looked better than that. I've also seen seats that looked worse and had half the mileage. It's up to you whether or not to bring it up on your next visit. It won't hurt to say something, and the answer is always no if you say nothing.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Natural leather shifting from sliding your butt in and out. I don’t see anything that would justify a warranty claim.

I use the grab handle to lift myself up and over the seat edge to prevent excess wear from just sliding out over it.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had my seat on a previous truck start to wrinkle like that and it was because of the strapping to the frame. Dealer tightened it up to get rid of the wrinkles.

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks to me like it's just the one panel in the seat that's wrinkling. I've had leather seats with double that mileage and they looked better than that. I've also seen seats that looked worse and had half the mileage. It's up to you whether or not to bring it up on your next visit. It won't hurt to say something, and the answer is always no if you say nothing.
Not sure about your limited, but I’ve had 2 Laramies now and just like you, I’m 6’ 160# take very good care of things. Both of mine looked like that after 6 months and 5000 miles, cheap💩 I think your doing good at 70000 miles lol. Good luck with your repairs👍🏻

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Gotta remember Maxcare doesn’t cover normal wear and tear. Its normal some seats look better then others its has a lot to do with how the driver takes care of it.. do you drag along the seats when your getting in and out? Do you keep things in your back pocket like a wallet etc when your in the truck. To many variables. Its not a garaged Ferrari.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks normal to me, maxcare doesn't cover seat covers.

flyingpoint

Reaction score
Thank you guys for all the input! I will just talk to the service advisor about it. See what he will say about it. I also think it could be just a simple fix to tighten the second panel of the leather surface like what @jloops just posted. It is my first Dodge/Ram product, and I have not experience of this type of wrinkle before even in my 2006 210k miles Lexus RX (it showed more worn on the exsit side).

BNeal

Reaction score
My BMW did it, and my 21 Limited is doing it with 30,000 miles. I think it's normal.

SkittleRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was in the car detail biz during college and this is very normal, in fact, I would say for 70k miles, those seats look fantastic!

I advise keeping the seats clean so that dirt will not build up in the creases and condition about once a month.

You want to keep the creases/wrinkles from becoming cracks, once they crack it will be somewhat downhill as the leather will break down in the crack and eventually rip.

Limited Legend

Reaction score
I think some conditioner will help. My 2015 300C seats look great for my big *** sitting in them for over 6 years. Hopefully my Ram seats hold up as well.

U

User_3336

I must need new glasses. I can't see anything wrong with those seats in the pics you posted.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I must need new glasses. I can't see anything wrong with those seats in the pics you posted.

You wont except for normal wear and tear on leather

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is completely normal. There’s nothing for them to cover. Just heat it up with a heat gun and the wrinkles will pretty much go away.

Users who are viewing this thread