5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Leather Perforated Seats

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, I'm generally aware of what use perforations may accomplish - especially on a warm days long drive :eek: !
Guess what I'm not aware of / not sure about, is the term "ventilation" as applied here - I am thinking that along with the heated seats, these "ventilated" seats have cool air ventilating the "nether-regions" :unsure: ;) .
My personal thoughts on any leather that is perforated is a negative one . Not as Durable as "Full Leather" . But, as I will most likely be getting a Laramie model, Looks like I'll be making that compromise - IF they offered Cloth in the Laramie I'd opt for that . Happy New year ALL .
Yes - ventilated seats utilize underseat fans to provide a cooling effect. Per my (facetious) comment above, this would not be possible without perforations.

Living in Texas, this is a highly desirable feature :)

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I'm generally aware of what use perforations may accomplish - especially on a warm days long drive :eek: !
Guess what I'm not aware of / not sure about, is the term "ventilation" as applied here - I am thinking that along with the heated seats, these "ventilated" seats have cool air ventilating the "nether-regions" :unsure: ;) .
My personal thoughts on any leather that is perforated is a negative one . Not as Durable as "Full Leather" . But, as I will most likely be getting a Laramie model, Looks like I'll be making that compromise - IF they offered Cloth in the Laramie I'd opt for that . Happy New year ALL .
Understood. Had leather(non perforated) in my Silverado Duramax, and really did not see that much of a durability gain. Had to change the drivers leather once, and was showing signs of wear again. But then, that was with 250k on the clock. Just hope the ones in the Ram hold up as well. Do notice the frost color leather shows dirt a LOT more.

JustMe

Reaction score
Understood. Had leather(non perforated) in my Silverado Duramax, and really did not see that much of a durability gain. Had to change the drivers leather once, and was showing signs of wear again. But then, that was with 250k on the clock. Just hope the ones in the Ram hold up as well. Do notice the frost color leather shows dirt a LOT more.
How did you know I was leaning to the brown interior ? :). I just don't want to "boil" the "boils" on my a** with an all black interior, + I love "Earth Tones" - browns, greens, deep sky blues . . . so I am leaning toward brown/beige interior and the Olive Green 2-tone Exterior w/ORP . Quad for me . . . I need & want the 6ft 4inch bed . Now if I could only get that with the MFT (minus RamBox) I'd be "in heaven" ! (y)

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you know I was leaning to the brown interior ? :). I just don't want to "boil" the "boils" on my a** with an all black interior, + I love "Earth Tones" - browns, greens, deep sky blues . . . so I am leaning toward brown/beige interior and the Olive Green 2-tone Exterior w/ORP . Quad for me . . . I need & want the 6ft 4inch bed . Now if I could only get that with the MFT (minus RamBox) I'd be "in heaven" ! (y)
The brown in the Laramie is a lot darker than the frost. I don't think it will show the wear and dirt as bad. The brown with the green will look great. I gave up on darker colors because they show the clear coat swirls and scratches so much. Also like the light/white because it is a little cooler in the summer.

JustMe

Reaction score
The brown in the Laramie is a lot darker than the frost. I don't think it will show the wear and dirt as bad. The brown with the green will look great. I gave up on darker colors because they show the clear coat swirls and scratches so much. Also like the light/white because it is a little cooler in the summer.
Sooooo true . . .

Users who are viewing this thread