5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Instrument Cluster Swap

Ardeedunn

Reaction score
I know that is is a common upgrade to swap the Laramie style Cluster into the Tradesman and base Big horns. But, has anyone swapped a Digital Limited Cluster into another Ram yet? Can it be done the same way?

Ardeedunn

Reaction score
Thanks, got it. But the Cluster I'm referring to was the latest cluster on the Limiteds that is completely different than the others. It appears blank until powers up.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks, got it. But the Cluster I'm referring to was the latest cluster on the Limiteds that is completely different than the others. It appears blank until powers up.
You are the all digital cluster. No one has been able to swap that in yet but it is being worked on as an option.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Probably not new firmware, but yes, UC5 because I think that's where you do the customization.
It's differnt firmware.
2023s and 2022s use differnet firmware even though they are both UC5.

Someone has put the 2023 firmware on a 2022 and it worked though, but I don't think 2019-2021s (UC4) would work without swapping to UC5 first.

Just noting it as another likely step.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's differnt firmware.
2023s and 2022s use differnet firmware even though they are both UC5.

Someone has put the 2023 firmware on a 2022 and it worked though, but I don't think 2019-2021s (UC4) would work without swapping to UC5 first.

Just noting it as another likely step.
I know it's different firmware. I have a lot of experience with that. But the signals are still the same.

Users who are viewing this thread