5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited - how to disable seat belt warning

spaightlabs

Reaction score
This is great. Hope it works. that chime is a pain in the *** when doing stuff around the property. No real need for a belt to drive the trash cans to the road or move firewood around. If I had a nickel for each time I sternly tell the truck “I know. I know. I know!”...

The 'trick' system override still doesn't allow your vehicle to move with the door open. If you are hooking up a trailer or opening and closing gates, not having to close the door to move the vehicle a few feet is convenient.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should always wear a seatbelt .. (NSA)
Most states it is a law.

that said, I place objects on the passenger seat a lot and sometimes they are heavy enough for the rig to think it is a person sitting in the seat .. if it was something like groceries, I normally wrap the seatbelt around the sack and plug it in -- helps keep the sack in place while driving (well, ok, some stuff may fly out of the top if I break hard).

I had to take a package to the Post Office and it was dinging .. yes, I COULD have placed it in the back seat floor area .. but, it would be nice to turn off the chime for the trip.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are a lot of states around the country that don't have motorcycle helmet laws. I feel that wearing a seatbelt should be no different. I rode motorcycles for plenty of years. I wore a helmet all the time and a fully padded jacket most of the time. No flip flops or shorts, either. I also personally use a seatbelt except when running to the mailbox in the subdivision. But I don't need the government forcing me or anyone else to use seatbelts. If you want to use them, fine. If you don't, that's fine, too.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If they were FORCING you to, they'd have those auto-belts like a few vehicles had years ago .. always attached, when you close your door they maneuver into place ..

They could do like FORD did one year and if the seatbelt wasn't latched, the truck wouldn't start ..

I always wear a helmet on public land on my bike .. notsomuch on private land depending on what I'm doing .. I too thought it was funny how some states had helmet laws but no seatbelt laws, and visa-vera.

I don't wear belt at work maneuvering a vehicle into the stalls/bays .. or in the parking lot .. as soon as I go out to take onto a highway I do .. course being military, you MUST have your belt on .. try telling them you refuse .. I dare you ....

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don't recall Ford trucks not starting without the seatbelt latched and I've owned about 25 different model years from 1963 to 2016.

They might not force you but it'll cost you with tickets, at least in Florida and Michigan.

Raydar

Reaction score
Ever since I had a seatbelt to stop me from face-planting a dashboard, I haven't driven on the road without one. (That was ~40 years ago.)
With that said... Last week we were driving across a pasture, doing a maximum of ~5 mph, adding trash to our brush pile, and the d@mn seat belt chime was a PITA.

Thanks for the "disable" instructions.

46Indian

Reaction score
An interesting sideline.... most states exempt law enforcement and firefighters from the requirement to wear a seatbelt while driving. Just thought I would stir it up a bit. 😂

wvinson

Reaction score
View attachment 32636

I don't wear seatbelt when I'm out on the farm or running around hunting. Pain in the fanny with opening and closing gates, getting out and glassing, etc. These go in once I get off the hard roads and seatbelt goes back on when I head back home.
Great idea since I too live on a farm and am in and out all day. It's also nice to be able to turn off the front and rear parking sensors as a blade of grass makes them go off and slams on the brakes in reverse!

RedSox10NG

Reaction score
An interesting sideline.... most states exempt law enforcement and firefighters from the requirement to wear a seatbelt while driving. Just thought I would stir it up a bit. 😂
Because it’s tactically harder to engage or escape an ambush while strapped in. Sobering reality LEO live in now

BNeal

Reaction score
I'm not telling you that you should wear it, I'm just saying I can't think of a reason not to (except for some ridiculous examples). I suspect a lot of people think a seatbelt is unnecessary in a vehicle with airbags, which is far from the truth. If you've got good reasons, I'm genuinely curious what they are. If you don't want to share, that's cool too, but I reserve the right to picture you with a third arm.
I work for a large John Deere dealership with lots of back and forth in our huge lot - never exceeding but a few miles per hour. the constant dinging is maddening. There's your single reason!

Users who are viewing this thread