5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited headlight tracking

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the limited headlight tracked the steering. Mine doesn’t seem to do that. What it does do is turn on the fog lights based on what direction you are turning. Has anyone seen the headlights tracking the steering on the limited or any other trim?

Rob

Reaction score
Yes limited only does that. Look inside the headlight u will see it’s written how much movement on the inner and outer led. When you start it also they should do a system check turning before they center. They will not turn while your just sitting there only when your driving.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I thought the limited headlight tracked the steering. Mine doesn’t seem to do that. What it does do is turn on the fog lights based on what direction you are turning. Has anyone seen the headlights tracking the steering on the limited or any other trim?
Yep - my Longhorn does it. I don’t notice when I’m driving, but passengers notice it right away when I pull up!

cjmst23

Reaction score
I can definitely see my low beams tracking.... Especially when going under 30 mph.

202snowman

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Stupid question for you...you did turn the option on in Uconnect, correct?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181016-212840.png
    Screenshot_20181016-212840.png
    243 KB · Views: 85

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've watched for it and have not seen any movement. Was used to it in my Mercedes but only see the fog lights come on.
Maybe I need to watch it as someone else drives it?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've watched for it and have not seen any movement. Was used to it in my Mercedes but only see the fog lights come on.
Maybe I need to watch it as someone else drives it?
If you are willing to allow that ;)

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes limited only does that. Look inside the headlight u will see it’s written how much movement on the inner and outer led. When you start it also they should do a system check turning before they center. They will not turn while your just sitting there only when your driving.

Mine is marked correctly. Is it only the low beam that track?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I can see mine turn. High beams should also, as they're both on the same enclosure, which is the part that turns.

flynn_lives

Reaction score
I can see mine turn. High beams should also, as they're both on the same enclosure, which is the part that turns.

Only the outboard module swivels with the movement of your steering, the inboard module stays firing straight ahead. While they look like they would be on the same carrier, it's actually two separate modules mounted inside the housing.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Only the outboard module swivels with the movement of your steering, the inboard module stays firing straight ahead. While they look like they would be on the same carrier, it's actually two separate modules mounted inside the housing.
Got it. Good to know.

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The turning is very subtle... not sure if it's actually even useful, but it's there on my Limited. High end Jeep GC models from a few years back had swiveling HID proejctors which were much more noticeable (and more noticeable benefit) because they turned further. The headlights/fogs on the Limited are great though, don't really see any need for turning (just another thing to break).

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The turning is very subtle... not sure if it's actually even useful, but it's there on my Limited. High end Jeep GC models from a few years back had swiveling HID proejctors which were much more noticeable (and more noticeable benefit) because they turned further. The headlights/fogs on the Limited are great though, don't really see any need for turning (just another thing to break).
Agree. This was def a lot more noticeable in my prior BMW & MB vehicles. Even there, I think it may little difference, more to tick the “we also have it” boxes than anything else.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Min are turned on after checking today. I thought they weren't. They sure don't do much. I'll have to have my wife hop in the truck and turn the wheel while I'm outside to see what happens.

This seems to be about as noticeable as the lighted slits on my Limited. Not noticeable at all....

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I still am not sure mine is working or not. It definitely does nothing when standing still. I “may” have seen them move while driving, but it might just be me wanting them to. :unsure: So no special trip to the dealer. If this is the only thing wrong, I will be happy. I actually broke the 500 mile mark yesterday.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I checked tonight, the lights do move when I first turn on the truck. So I am officially saying I was wrong, they do work. A little less aggressively then I was expecting, but they are functioning

Users who are viewing this thread