5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited head rest different

mhb1638

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? Or what's the normal headrest? All four of my headrests are different. One side is smooth, other isn't. dealership and I went and looked at another Limited and it was same way. They ordered me a "limited" headrest and it came in different than what i have now. Anyone confirm what I should have or is it just how leather acts?

Attachments

• IMG_20190126_162848.jpg
    IMG_20190126_162848.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20190126_162855.jpg
    IMG_20190126_162855.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 242

Jordan2929

Reaction score
We had a denali that had all the leather matching PERFECTLY, so perfect that I looked a little closer and noticed a pattern... kept looking and it was without-a-doubt not natural. They were clearly using fake leather or some sort of high grade vinyl. Ram uses actual leather from a cow, not from some plastic factory. Differences in grain size is completely normal It's just the sign of genuine leather.

Bleda2002

Reaction score
The Denali may not have been plastic, it just wasn't top grain leather. A lot of care companies use actual leather, but it's split grain and they actually roll a top grain pattern on it instead of using actual top grain.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Denali may not have been plastic, it just wasn't top grain leather. A lot of care companies use actual leather, but it's split grain and they actually roll a top grain pattern on it instead of using actual top grain.
My front headrests have. Smooth finish on the backside and my rear headrests have a very slight grain. Each set matches each other though.

mhb1638

Reaction score
My front headrests have. Smooth finish on the backside and my rear headrests have a very slight grain. Each set matches each other though.
And this is why I'm not sure if I should elevate this to FCA or not. According to the dealership, in order to go any further with the headrests I have to elevate it to customer care and probably order all four.

k1kelley

Reaction score
My limited has some variation in the headrest leather texture, but I would expect that with real leather.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And this is why I'm not sure if I should elevate this to FCA or not. According to the dealership, in order to go any further with the headrests I have to elevate it to customer care and probably order all four.
Leather obviously has slight variations but it shouldn't be dramatic. If you're not happy with them I would absolutely elevate it and get new ones. I'm very particular when it comes to stuff like that so I would do it.

silverbullet

Reaction score
Nothing normal about that IMO. They should both look the same not from two different trim lines...I'd make a stink about it.

ericd

Reaction score
I have a lot of mis matching panels on the seats as well. I can appreciate small variations for natural leathers but mine are completely different like yours. I have perfectly smooth panels in some then ones that have all the little "bubbles" like your first headrest.

Fidomac

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this? Or what's the normal headrest? All four of my headrests are different. One side is smooth, other isn't. dealership and I went and looked at another Limited and it was same way. They ordered me a "limited" headrest and it came in different than what i have now. Anyone confirm what I should have or is it just how leather acts?
Natural variation in leather.......

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have three with heavy pebble grain and one perfectly smooth. Totally not normal. The grains should be close in texture from the factory. I owned at least 20 vehicles with leather from Japanese to Swedish to German and never had a variation like found in my truck. My dealer said it’s not normal and ordered a new one for me.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
I feel like this is something to be proud of. Look, the leather in my truck is so luxurious that you can tell there's variation in the real leather.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I feel like this is something to be proud of. Look, the leather in my truck is so luxurious that you can tell there's variation in the real leather.
[/QUOTE
Wish I could say I agree but unfortunately I don't. No disrespect meant to you at all btw. We are just not on the same page about the issue.

zx3junglist

Reaction score
We can agree to disagree, that's fine. After writing this I went out and checked my front headrests, and the back of them has a slightly different texture and that made me happy. I love the leather in these things, it's sublime.

Reactions: MJP

Users who are viewing this thread