5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Floor Dynamat.

eithkrp1

Reaction score
I have already completed soundproofing on all my interior doors as well as the back of the cab and floor under rear seats up to the rear floor. I intended to remove the front seats and console and complete all the way up through the front floor. Has anyone done this and seen positive results? Any challenges on removing the center console? I've looked for threads with pics for anyone who did, but can't track any down.

Thanks,

Klicht87

Reaction score
That seems like a lot of work. I'm quite surprised how quiet the cab is. The factory subwoofer doesn't even make anything rattle.

eithkrp1

Reaction score
That seems like a lot of work. I'm quite surprised how quiet the cab is. The factory subwoofer doesn't even make anything rattle.
The difference between stock and when I completed the back floor, back wall and doors was night and day. Makes the interior like a high end luxury vehicle from a noise perspective. Reason i want to take on front floor under seats up to the front is i moved to Nitto tires and want to reduce tire noise some more.

Kordyte

Reaction score
I had a 2014 Bighorn that I did exactly what you are planning with sound deadening in the doors and floor. It did make a noticeable difference in road noise. My new 2021 Laramie is so quiet I haven't felt the need to do sound deadening. Not sure how loud Nitto Grapplers are, but I have BFG KO2s and can barely hear them.

ekaz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want to do this when I get my truck, but it's pretty loaded and adding another 100 pounds in sound deadener will decrease payload that much more. I'd still like to be able to sit in my truck without exceeding payload. I know I'm not going to help when I swap speakers and add a couple of amps, but that's a different story. :)
All that said, I did it on a previous vehicle and it helped alot.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have already completed soundproofing on all my interior doors as well as the back of the cab and floor under rear seats up to the rear floor. I intended to remove the front seats and console and complete all the way up through the front floor. Has anyone done this and seen positive results? Any challenges on removing the center console? I've looked for threads with pics for anyone who did, but can't track any down.

Thanks,
Just curious which trim level you have? I couldn't imagine my Limited being much more quiet than it is now. Is there a difference in the factory sound deadening between trim levels? I would be surprised if there isn't a difference. It was much easier to hear the change in exhaust note when MDS activated in the 2020 Laramie I used to own than it is in my 2021 Limited. Made enough difference that I no longer disable MDS.

Edit: Well nevermind. I missed the title of the thread saying yours is a Limited LOL. Doesn't change my observations though. I might change my mind about that if I go to a more aggressive tread pattern, but for now I'm very happy with the sound levels in my truck.

tac63

Reaction score
I haven't done the sound deadening so I can't speak to that, but as far as console removal, no big deal. 6 total bolts if I remember correctly and it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread