5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited DRL's

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I was disappointed in this as well, was thinking the accent lights would be fairly bright but during the day they're barely noticeable. Oh well, I'm sure a smart guy or gal will figure out a fix for it that will only cost 200 bucks or so lol

zendesigner

Reaction score
I was disappointed in this as well, was thinking the accent lights would be fairly bright but during the day they're barely noticeable. Oh well, I'm sure a smart guy or gal will figure out a fix for it that will only cost 200 bucks or so lol

Same problem here, just took possession of my 2019 limited, and i'm dissapointed by that as well.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same problem here, just took possession of my 2019 limited, and i'm dissapointed by that as well.
The Tazer DT solves that issue. It's a handy little tool, slightly overpriced if all you need is to change the DRL location but you may find some of the other features helpful.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yea, I was hoping for fancy LED DRL like fancy cars get, but I leave them on anyways because I want people to see me over their phones they are texting on.

Actually, considering running my tail lights as well, don't want to get rear ended either.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Tazer DT solves that issue. It's a handy little tool, slightly overpriced if all you need is to change the DRL location but you may find some of the other features helpful.
I've had the Tazer DT for over a month now and being able to customize the lighting of the truck is one of its best features. For example I've changed my DRL's to be the solid orange turn signal lights which are much brighter and viable during the day. Another feature that the tazer dt allows you to do is when you put your turn signal on the rear back up camera turns on giving you a full view behind you.

Ickabod

Reaction score
Yea, I was hoping for fancy LED DRL like fancy cars get, but I leave them on anyways because I want people to see me over their phones they are texting on.

Actually, considering running my tail lights as well, don't want to get rear ended either.
Only thing about these LED DRL's is that they shut off when you turn on the turn signal. makes the car look broken. I am so glad our accent lights stay on with the blinkers.

Hustleman216

Reaction score
I've had the Tazer DT for over a month now and being able to customize the lighting of the truck is one of its best features. For example I've changed my DRL's to be the solid orange turn signal lights which are much brighter and viable during the day. Another feature that the tazer dt allows you to do is when you put your turn signal on the rear back up camera turns on giving you a full view behind you.
Think you just sold me .. I officially need

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only thing about these LED DRL's is that they shut off when you turn on the turn signal. makes the car look broken. I am so glad our accent lights stay on with the blinkers.

True, weird law that requires manufacturer to do that.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
here is a list of feature unlocks with the Tazer dt

Attachments

• TazerDTUserGuide1801 (1).pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 155

dsn112

Reaction score
Some electrical whiz hopefully will be able to access the "slit" accent light voltage. I think the leds are only seeing a couple of volts. If that's the case maybe there is a way to increase voltage to where they'll be more noticeable in daylight. They'll never be drl's but they'll look better.

Nope, it’s not voltage or anything electrical. It’s 100% the housing itself. The light if you open it up is pretty bright, the housing dulls it out. Jeremy from retroshop already put in a new chip that is brighter and color changing and the white output barely changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope, it’s not voltage or anything electrical. It’s 100% the housing itself. The light if you open it up is pretty bright, the housing dulls it out. Jeremy from retroshop already put in a new chip that is brighter and color changing and the white output barely changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's too bad. But, at this point, I don't much care. It is what it is. I've been up in Michigan for the last couple of months and I'm stuck up here till the end of August. So with all the 2 lane roads I'm forced to drive on I've turned the real drl's on for safety. I want to be seen by those in the opposite direction that are passing slower vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread