5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Blackout Edition?

jkempken

Reaction score
Is it possible to get the Limited with the Laramie Blackout Edition? I have a 16 Sport with the Black Out edition and love it. I would want the Hood, all black molding, and the other black accents from that version. Maybe they will offer it with the 2020 models?

Jello0123

Reaction score
I tried building one of those too since I want the black 22" rims. They don't offer it but you can build a Laramie up to close to the Limited but I think you still cannot get the center console with the ramcharger and the upgraded rear seat options?

Reactions: Kaz

Neocane

Reaction score
Currently the 2019 Limited doesn’t have a “blackout” option or I would have ordered one myself. That said, I went with the Laramie (fully loaded) and have basically the same truck with almost all the same bells and whistles! Only difference is grill, headlights and stitching, mostly. That said, I personally prefer the Laramies headlights and grill over the Limited anyway, so I’m a happy camper! Maybe next year FCA will have “blackout” as an option as you suggest. Time will tell.

Ps. With the Level 2 package, the Laramie does have the phone charging pad.

Whynot

Reaction score
I tried building one of those too since I want the black 22" rims. They don't offer it but you can build a Laramie up to close to the Limited but I think you still cannot get the center console with the ramcharger and the upgraded rear seat options?
The main differences between a loaded Laramie and the Limited is the reclining rear seats, LED projector headlights, and the use of more "premium" materials in the Limited.

jkempken

Reaction score
I don't believe a loaded Laramie would have the A/C rear seats either. I wouldn't want the 22" rims as i would be putting on aftermarket rims and wheels.

Jello0123

Reaction score
You still can get the upgraded center console with the Laramie as well?

Kaz

Reaction score
My wife wanted the 22" rims and the color matching of the Laramie Sport, but the interior trimming and options of the Limited... Since she sees the "interior" of the Limited more than the exterior (being that she drives it) she wanted the Limited; didn't stop her from complaining about not being able to order exactly what she wanted...

Here were the builds we compared; only change we made was we didn't get the Tow Group, we got the Trailer Brake Controller; wanted the 360 View Camera over the Tow Mirrors. She didn't like the chrome... I don't blame her. I preferred the Sport look, but the Limited headlights, albeit without chrome. We may get the chrome trim paint matched Granite down the road.

2019RamGraniteCompare.JPG

Attachments

• Casimir2019RamLaramieLoaded.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 18
  • Casimir2019RamLimitedLoaded.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:

sgk

Reaction score
Or you can always get a limited and then spend some more money on blacking it out. Approx. 900 for the sports hood, 550 on wrapping the door molding/window trim, side mirrors and front grill. Then you have another 250 on the all black emblems + the cost of your desired rims.
It adds up but getting what you want usually does.

of course, these are all approx pricing as each shop or vendor will have its own pricing.

Last edited:

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I was going to go the all black Laramie route, My dealer swayed me away his argument was that a dressed up Laramie is still a step down from a Limited and come trade in time that would make a difference in value. Just another view.

Jello0123

Reaction score
Just compared the window stickers for a Laramie Black Out and a Limited. Here is what I found (not completely accurate).

Limited:
Premium Leather vs. leather trimmed
Dampened Tailgate (Laramie may have but not listed)
Adjustable pedals
Tire fill alert
RamCharger with 115V Aux power (Laramie may have)
Wood/Leather Wrapped Steering wheel-Heated
2nd Row Storage Bins
Power Fold Away Mirrors
Ventilated Rear Seats
Bi-Function LED Headlands, fog and tail lamps

This may not be an exhaustive comparison. The two trucks I looked at were within $200 of each other MSRP but the Laramie had Bed Utility Group, protection group, RamBox, rubber floor mats and wheelhouse liners.

Most of the other "premium" options were the same (etorque, 22" wheels, 12 inch screen, air suspension, power running boards, sunroof).

Like the exterior of the Laramie but all the rest the Limited wins...

Spirito2

Reaction score
I have a black edition Laramie loaded only options I dont have compared to a limited are the air suspension, led headlights, and vented rear seats.. I have pretty much everything else a limited has and if I wanted to i could change my u connect them to the limited one

kel

Reaction score
Whoa. This is news to me. I've been looking to trade in my 2011 F150 Lariat Limited for a 2019 Ram Limited. I've only tried to configure the Limited and just assumed that the black appearance package just wasn't in the configurator. Any idea if this will be an option soonish for the Limited? Right now not having the extra limited options and black appearance package is a deal breaker for me.

Kaz

Reaction score
Whoa. This is news to me. I've been looking to trade in my 2011 F150 Lariat Limited for a 2019 Ram Limited. I've only tried to configure the Limited and just assumed that the black appearance package just wasn't in the configurator. Any idea if this will be an option soonish for the Limited? Right now not having the extra limited options and black appearance package is a deal breaker for me.

Not sure it ever will... Limited always has had Chrome as part of the "identity" of the model. Laramie Sport is what has historically been the blacked out or color matched model of the lineup.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I went through the same thing and ordered a sport appearance Laramie and will black out the chrome emblems myself. These are the differences I found:
Projector Headlights and grill. I like limited more but to each his own.
Upgraded interior materials including seats.
Rear cooled seats.

Everything else can be configured and you pay almost as much.

Told dealer I would have bought a limited if there was no chrome. They said monochromatic trucks move very fast off their lot and wish Ram would offer that option.

kel

Reaction score
I know its not even 2019 yet but when does the 2020 model year start production?

sgk

Reaction score
I'm thinking of blacking out my limited and will be visiting the wrapping shop on the 24th but the one thing I don't know what to do with is the handles.
Anyone know if those can be swapped out to black, or do they sell covers or spray them? I don't think that can be wrapped.

768mph

Reaction score
The main differences between a loaded Laramie and the Limited is the reclining rear seats, LED projector headlights, and the use of more "premium" materials in the Limited.

Laramie has reclining rear seats with level 1 and 2. As well as LED projector headlights (just different style)

I don't believe a loaded Laramie would have the A/C rear seats either. I wouldn't want the 22" rims as i would be putting on aftermarket rims and wheels.

No AC rear seats in Laramie, only heated (level 2)

Users who are viewing this thread