5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited air suspension and Off road group?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just order a 2021 Ecodiesel Limited with ORG, Rambox and MFT, Panoramic Moonroof, Tech group, Utility group. Had been thinking back and forth about the balance of payload and features. Since I might not be using a lot of payload out of it I decided to get all the good things and enjoy them as a daily driver.
I forgot about the EcoDiesel. You might end up with a truck that can’t legally carry 4 occupants ;) (I’m kidding...adding the diesel increases the GVW to 7,200 lb to help compensate for the weight of the engine).

njt07

Reaction score
@Xhumeka, I've never seen one that low! You're now the second "not even a half ton" payload sticker I've seen. This wasn't possible until the MFT came out (I only know because I had nearly every option available at my time of order).

@njt07 - Per older threads, the Off-Road Group adds about 119 lbs (including ELocker), the panoramic sunroof adds about 80 lbs, the MFT adds about 75 lbs, and RamBoxes are heavy at around 163 lbs. Choose your options accordingly ;)
Id definately be getting the MFT and Ramboxes. i need to lookup what the Etorque adds weight wise.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I have the pano roof - 935 lbs :

PRb4M2F.png
Wow, that is a low payload! I have the Pano, eTorque, Limited, Safety Group, and payload was 1345, but then I added all skid plates but the Fuel Tank, Reverse backup lights, Aero Rock deflector and bed bike mounts and am probably around 1225 now, but with Air Suspension it tows up to 9500Lbs like cake.

LGBarnett

Reaction score
These may be dumb questions, but I cant find a good answer and this is going to be my first truck so thought I’d ask.
- Is the off road group mainly cosmetic, or does it actually turn a non-Rebel to almost a Rebel? Without further mods.
- If I’m going to be buying a Limited with air suspension, how do the “beefier“ shocks work with that?

No I’ll never take the Limited rock crawling, but I will be taking it off pavement to dirt trails in the sticks and hopefully to find some good fishing and camping spots... sometimes.

Most of the time it will be my daily driver on a 22 mile round trip commute to work, most of which will be highway. With that said, is the ORG even worth getting? Does it make the ride better, worse or no effect?
one of my neighbors has a Raptor thats never left the pavement. He told me it is the smoothest riding vehicle he has ever owned. His wife drives a Porsche Cayenne S so I assume he has driven some nice vehicles to compare the ride to.
I have a 2019 Limited 4x4, no ORP, that I go off road with to hunting camp. I ended up needing to upgrade the stock Eagle Tourings as they were horrible off road; picked up bazillions of small rocks, and had little traction in loose stuff. The Toyo AT3 tire upgrade cost me 1800$ total which I believe is quite a bit more than the ORP and you miss out on skid plates, etc. So, looking back, I wish I had looked for ORP and at least driven it to see if the ride was ok.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
So for the ORG air suspension vs non ORG the total travel allowed is the same from lowest setting to highest?

Is there any different components in the front end ORG vs non ORG? Would be nice if the ORG bags leveled the front with ability for all five modes.

njt07

Reaction score
Dangit I want ALL the options and want to be able to have at least half a ton payload... hmm I should stop being greedy

Rexx

Reaction score
Dangit I want ALL the options and want to be able to have at least half a ton payload... hmm I should stop being greedy
My truck has just about every option except the 33 gal fuel tank (I have a 26 gal one) and my payload on the door sticker is 1044 lbs.

Sbledsoe

Reaction score
My truck has just about every option except the 33 gal fuel tank (I have a 26 gal one) and my payload on the door sticker is 1044 lbs.
I just bought a 2021 1500 4x4, crew cab, 5.7 hemi, 5'7"bed with the ORG and southwest pkg, it has the 33 gal tank and my payload is 1322lbs

Rexx

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 1500 4x4, crew cab, 5.7 hemi, 5'7"bed with the ORG and southwest pkg, it has the 33 gal tank and my payload is 1322lbs
I’m not familiar with the southwest package. Does it include the dual sunroof, MFT and e-torque? My truck has all 3 and I know it cuts into the pay load having them.

2020GCM

Reaction score
payload rating for my ORG Quad cab with no sunroof or AS is 1723 lbs

Sbledsoe

Reaction score
I’m not familiar with the southwest package. Does it include the dual sunroof, MFT and e-torque? My truck has all 3 and I know it cuts into the pay load having them.
It has the sunroof, no e torque. Not sure what mft is lol

Sbledsoe

Reaction score
It has the sunroof, no e torque. No mft

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
Mft = multilingual french trans. They surprise you and some people even pay extra for it.

These posts Help me get my inner stupid out, sorry

Mft = Multifunction tailgate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online