5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Air Ride Issues?

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a new Ram and buddies have warned me about the freeze-up or leaking of the Air Ride on the Limited in cold weather. I live in EastCentral Wisconsin so the cold is here. Looking up on here and other ram forums it seems like it was an issue with older models including some 2020 models. As I'm new about this I was hoping to get some peoples thoughts/insight on this topic. I know I can basically build Laramie to almost spec out to a Limited but the suede in the is what gets me.

Any help/thoughts/insight would be greatly appreciated.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking at getting a new Ram and buddies have warned me about the freeze-up or leaking of the Air Ride on the Limited in cold weather. I live in EastCentral Wisconsin so the cold is here. Looking up on here and other ram forums it seems like it was an issue with older models including some 2020 models. As I'm new about this I was hoping to get some peoples thoughts/insight on this topic. I know I can basically build Laramie to almost spec out to a Limited but the suede in the is what gets me.

Any help/thoughts/insight would be greatly appreciated.
I’ve seen very few issues reported here regarding the air suspension on 5th-gen Rams dating back to mid-2018. With 40K+ members, it would surface if it were a problem. No such issues on my ‘19.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree I haven't really seen much out there for many late 2020 or even 2021 Rams. The problem it seems is the cold weather (below freezing). I understand FCA tried to fix this by using Nitrogen instead of air and supposedly refreshed the system but I'm not sure when that was.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree I haven't really seen much out there for many late 2020 or even 2021 Rams. The problem it seems is the cold weather (below freezing). I understand FCA tried to fix this by using Nitrogen instead of air and supposedly refreshed the system but I'm not sure when that was.
The 5th-gens (which started production in 2018) have a mildly-redesigned system compared to the 4th-gens.

Awood05

Reaction score
Northwestern MO here and I have not had any issues with mine on my 2021.

airclnr

Reaction score
I've had my 2020 Limited since June and the only problem I've had was an occasional bottoming out while driving over bumps. This has happened in Normal height. I've had no problems with leaking, etc. due to cold weather here in Nebraska. That being said, I'd probably skip the air suspension on my next truck.

Users who are viewing this thread