5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights!!?

Domt1775

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I’ve got a 21 1500 limited I’m looking to throw some pods on. I live in Colorado and am often driving in backroad snowy conditions that would be helpful with amber lights.

Wanted to reach out and see what y’all recommend for placement and brand. Huge bonus if you include links and pictures!!

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Diode Dynamics are what I run, I would recommend them 10 times over. Resonably priced, look nice, and throw out impressive light. I have a 30” light bar, 2 6” ambers, and 2 pods in the rear for reverse lights

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I run Baja Designs controlled via Switch-Pros controller.

For the bumper I got a pair of LP6s
For A-Pillar I run Squadron Sports
For Chase (rear facing safety lights) I run S2 Sport

All in amber/ yellow.

I got another pair of S2 and one S8 40" bar sitting at home, and am considering upsizing the A-pillar ones for XL80 or LP4s.

BD is pricy but after running both DD and BD I like the yellow hue on the BD more. The DD amber/ yellow is not as great for my eyes. They are also podium winning lights for a reason

1699341574949.png

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Baja squadron sport for ditch lights, i went with clear but are available in amber.
Putco brackets - modifications will be needed. And there might be better options now
And a procomb 20" double row at lower grill with an amber cover. Mounting brackets can be found at amazon or ebay
And a very affordable blazer int wireless controler available at autoze.
This is one of the most economical and basic set ups.

Attachments

• 20221002_182734.jpg
    20221002_182734.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 41
  • 20221002_182531.jpg
    20221002_182531.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 41

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m running 4” Lasfit pods and putco A-pillar mounts. Controller is a blazer wireless controller like @jl13 has. I am going to switch my 30” lower bar to amber the closer we get to snow in OK.

Attachments

• IMG_6684.jpeg
    IMG_6684.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6678.jpeg
    IMG_6678.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 42

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I were to recommend the best aux lighting location on these trucks, it’s a-pillars (ditch lights).

To me this puts the lights in the most functional location and as long as you get quality pods the coverage and throw is perfect.

I’ll second Diode Dynamics as it’s really hard to beat the performance for the price and the customer service is . I also have a soft spot for midwestern companies.

As far as specific lights, I would recommended the SS3 pros or max (if you can afford it) in the driving pattern. I have the max pods and they are amazing up in deer country and on logging roads.

As far as color, I’m not a huge fan of dedicated amber lights but I do see the point of having that option so when I’m expecting snow, I throw DD’s amber covers over my lights.

Here’s some pics of mine. Bottom pics is the ditch lights with the DD amber covers clipped on. I leave them in my glove box.
6656a05a313fa85818bdc9727d77120e.jpg

1a4ded70dc222f47dbbfafaa2bde1fcb.jpg

Last edited:

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
I also have a Limited trim and I don't like those A pillar setup on that trim. It is imo nice on a Rebel or Laramie.
So I have a 30" lightbar in the front and I was wondering if some brackets would exist to mount some SS1, 2 or 3 pods on the front tow hooks.

Or instead of Diode Dynamics, these could work well too

69Sting

Reaction score
Are the 20- or 30-inch light bars people installing straight or curved? How difficult is it to do the bumper mount?

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Are the 20- or 30-inch light bars people installing straight or curved? How difficult is it to do the bumper mount?
I have all info from this topic

and ordered those brackets for my Limited and the open vent lower grill. It fits a single or double row 30" led bar perfectly. More down in the topic I have a post with pictures and a small write up

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score

The design was based off of using straight light bars (I worked with S&G to create the brackets).

Fitment’s tight but doable with a 30” but varies by brand. I ultimately ran a single row Diode Dynamics SS32 light bar.

If the lower grill location is the only option you are looking at 30” is the way to go. Bigger is better.

If you buy the S&G brackets “waterfowler41” should get you 5% off the brackets. Not a huge $$ but better than nothing.

boogielander

Ram Guru
Reaction score
also for A pillar light brackets go with SDHQ if you do any kind of offroad and put some heavier lights (ie, BD XLs or LP)

Sure, costs more, but much better in performance and rigidity. No modification needed either and made in USA. Mine took down a tree branch while I was going 60mph or so down the trail and not even a scratch. (I hit that branch with the BD Light and the mounting point between the light and the bracket took most of the force; cheaper inferior products would result in a sheered off bracket that go into your windshield but not these).

you can read about that story here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online