5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights around Laramie headlights

Medgas24

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to change the lights around the C shaped lights that run constantly on a Laramie? I’m wondering if I could change them to a blue color

Attachments

• EA33FBC7-D727-4F87-962C-CA1752932801.jpeg
    EA33FBC7-D727-4F87-962C-CA1752932801.jpeg
    62.9 KB · Views: 53

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Really just any color to see if it’s possible
It is possible

All_Black_Lone_Star

Reaction score
Do you know how ?
Have not taken the dive yet but the write up this guy did makes it sound as if all you need is time and patience. I do know that Diod Dynamics has certified installers in just about every state that they recommend when you order the boards.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Changing the color on the front end of your vehicle from anything other than white or amber can get you in some hot water with the Police. This is why Diode Dynamics recommends offroad use only.

It takes more than just time and patience. You will need an assortment of special tools, parts, an oven large enough for these big headlights and knowing that you could ruin your headlights. These headlights are sealed with Permaseal. This type of sealant is much more difficult to remove the Butyl rubber which is why most installers cut the headlights open.
I've now done a few of the Ram headlights and they really are a bear to complete. Highly recommend using a person that has familiarity with headlight customization.

Users who are viewing this thread