5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting

LucasC

Reaction score
When I got my ram 1500 bighorn level 2, I was told that they did not have the premium lighting due to chips so they were only putting them in the laramie and limited. Can I install OEM larmaie headlight assemblies in the bighorn or is the facia different?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
When I got my ram 1500 bighorn level 2, I was told that they did not have the premium lighting due to chips so they were only putting them in the laramie and limited. Can I install OEM larmaie headlight assemblies in the bighorn or is the facia different?
Same fascia. You can install the LED headlights no problem. You just need to buy a harness adapter to be able to have the HALO lights.

Adapter: 5G Ram 1500 Halogen to LED Headlight Adapter (PAIR)

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Check out Alpharex and Morimoto as well, projector styles similar to the Limited and TRX

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
my friend has a set of alpharex. output is terrible and not bright at all. can barely see at night.
Were they the halogen Pro Series? Alpharex makes several different housings, the LUXX and NOVA series are LED

Kemcar

Reaction score
Much cheaper to just change the bulbs But I like the bezels on the bighorn night editions Halogens. I went with Lasfit bulbs much brighter.
I’ve heard l changing the bulbs to LEDs causes some people to have a flickering effect. Anyone experience this? Waiting on my bighorn and really would like LEDs bulbs but not if they are going to flicker. But also not wanting to change the whole light assembly.

Shine006

Reaction score
I’ve heard l changing the bulbs to LEDs causes some people to have a flickering effect. Anyone experience this? Waiting on my bighorn and really would like LEDs bulbs but not if they are going to flicker. But also not wanting to change the whole light assembly.

I had very slight flickering after install when idling But really had to stare at it notice and see it. I have not seen any since the first install. Lasfit does make a canbus for this if the lights do flicker. You will get flashed often. They are bright.

Kemcar

Reaction score
I had very slight flickering after install when idling But really had to stare at it notice and see it. I have not seen any since the first install. Lasfit does make a canbus for this if the lights do flicker. You will get flashed often. They are bright.
Do 2022 Rams have a canbus system?

Merlin

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Big Horn with the quad lamp halogens and I always had a kind of dimming issue with the lights both inside and out. Some might call it a flicker but it is like a voltage dimming of the headlights and interior lights. Anyway, I put lasfit lights in the fog light low beam and high beam positions and the lights still do the same thing. It isn't a flicker just a voltage dimming. So it does the same thing the halogen bulbs did, but now I can actually see when driving at night. I wouldn't call it a flicker though. They are bright and I got flashed twice this morning and yesterday morning. I just hit them with the high beams and they stopped. LOL. Plug and play for me, Very happy with them.

Kemcar

Reaction score
Good to know. I wonder what that dimming is from? Sounds like they need to rework the lights on these trucks. I looked today at the Lasfit site and thinking of doing the kit with all bulbs are included and calling it a day. Inside, out, front and back.

Merlin

Reaction score
My dimming has been present since the 1st day I got my truck in Jan 2019. I only changed the Fog, low and High Beam, and then I did the interior lights with fyrefly. I didn't like the output on the third brake light/ cargo light so I changed just the white lights to alla lighting and man they are bright at night. Great for looking around it when walking up to it.

harrybeerbelly

Reaction score
Picked up a 2022 1500 Night edition. Really happy with the truck .... until it got dark. Headlights really suck. I could hardly see on the north wisconsin back roads. Disappointed that you can buy a new truck and have such terrible headlights.

Just completed my order of Lasfit lows, highs and fog lights. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Shine006

Reaction score
Picked up a 2022 1500 Night edition. Really happy with the truck .... until it got dark. Headlights really suck. I could hardly see on the north wisconsin back roads. Disappointed that you can buy a new truck and have such terrible headlights.

Just completed my order of Lasfit lows, highs and fog lights. Hope this helps.
I did the same. You wont regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread