5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lighting in center console?

Reaction score
Just purchased a Ram Laramie Longhorn!!!
Holy crap Batman!! Nicest truck I have ever seen. Tons of technology.
However, on the way home it was late and there was ZERO console illumination?
Do I have lights out or is there truly no center console illumination?
No cup holder illumination?
My salesman had no clue today when I called. . He said he never drove one after dark.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just purchased a Ram Laramie Longhorn!!!
Holy crap Batman!! Nicest truck I have ever seen. Tons of technology.
However, on the way home it was late and there was ZERO console illumination?
Do I have lights out or is there truly no center console illumination?
No cup holder illumination?
My salesman had no clue today when I called. . He said he never drove one after dark.
Did you adjust the interior illumination dials near the headlight switch?

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I have one in the deep center counsel on my big horn. No cup holder lights, though the light on the ceiling illuminates that area a decent amount. I would assume your light is out if you dont see anything when you lift the main lid up.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in the deep center counsel on my big horn. No cup holder lights, though the light on the ceiling illuminates that area a decent amount. I would assume your light is out if you dont see anything when you lift the main lid up.
^^^This. There’s nothing that “glows” on top of the console (e.g. cup holders), but there is soft light from overhead. There are also accents above the glove box, on the doors, etc.

Klute

Reaction score
I have a light in the console when you light up the armrest that illuminates the storage area.

Reaction score
Yea. I see no door handle illumination or glove box
No console. Stinks to have lights out on a 65,000 truck. Seems they are lacking in quality control before leaving the factory.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yea. I see no door handle illumination or glove box
No console. Stinks to have lights out on a 65,000 truck. Seems they are lacking in quality control before leaving the factory.
Fuses, maybe? That’s not right. Mine’s like a softly-lit restaurant at night!

69Sting

Reaction score
I believe the 'Movie Theater' lighting is an option and not on all Laramie's. Do you have two rolor dials on the lower part of the dash to the left of the steering wheel. If so one is for the dash and screen brightness the other is for the 'movie theater' lighting. If you only have one then my guess is you don't have the 'movie theater' lighting. So would only have the interior lights that go on with the door.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I believe the 'Movie Theater' lighting is an option and not on all Laramie's. Do you have two rolor dials on the lower part of the dash to the left of the steering wheel. If so one is for the dash and screen brightness the other is for the 'movie theater' lighting. If you only have one then my guess is you don't have the 'movie theater' lighting. So would only have the interior lights that go on with the door.
He said he has a Laramie Longhorn. Very different animal!

Reaction score
Yes. I got the Laramie Longhorn
Has both dials.
Will be headed to dealer
No biggie. At the savings I can swallow a few glitches if they fix em. Just glad that it’s a light issue

ddharris

Reaction score
Turning one( left I think) of the dials to about half will dim your stereo and gauges ( 7 inch info screen) enabling your ambient lighting to come on. The second wheel switch adjusts ambient lighting.

Sandman11

Reaction score
Not sure if you guys have figured out the issue but In case not. You have to adjust the dial down so that it isn't at maximum. Then you can adjust the left dial to maximum.

Users who are viewing this thread