5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light switch panels

Javerso

Reaction score
Hi all. Happy new year. I’m looking for ideas on where to mount and what to use for a switch panel for lights. I would like it to be discreet but if there is a nice looking panel and a good place to mount it I would like to look into it.
I was also thinking of a remote key fob option
I have a light bar, 2 cubes and also a power actuated light mount that folds down when not in use.
2021 limited eco- Deisel.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Hi all. Happy new year. I’m looking for ideas on where to mount and what to use for a switch panel for lights. I would like it to be discreet but if there is a nice looking panel and a good place to mount it I would like to look into it.
I was also thinking of a remote key fob option
I have a light bar, 2 cubes and also a power actuated light mount that folds down when not in use.
2021 limited eco- Deisel.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Switch Pros makes one that’s really nice. I plan on either running that one with an SDHQ mount and mount it in the lower console area pull out next to the USB module. Also, Garmin makes a wireless one that can be controlled via their Overlander GPS unit. There are also numerous wireless switchers that can be controlled via key fob/Bluetooth out there.

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Switch Pros makes one that’s really nice. I plan on either running that one with an SDHQ mount and mount it in the lower console area pull out next to the USB module. Also, Garmin makes a wireless one that can be controlled via their Overlander GPS unit. There are also numerous wireless switchers that can be controlled via key fob/Bluetooth out there.

Nifty, I had never heard of the Garmin PowerSwitch. It also has an iPhone/Android app, so you don’t need a Garmin GPS unit. An iPad mini plus onX Off-road app would be less expensive and more versatile than a dedicated GPS device, if you didn’t want to use a phone.

It happens that I had a bunch of Best Buy rewards points expiring soon, so even though I don’t have any aux lights yet, I ordered the PowerSwitch. With rewards, it ended up being not much more than an Auxbeam.

Javerso

Reaction score
I ordered the Garmin. Makes install so easy. I may actually mount it to the light rig Since it’s military grade and water proof. And then just run the 2 wires to under the hood. (Just thinking about that). Thanks for the ideas. Also got the 3 year warranty through Amazon.

MattGalmish

Reaction score
Nifty, I had never heard of the Garmin PowerSwitch. It also has an iPhone/Android app, so you don’t need a Garmin GPS unit. An iPad mini plus onX Off-road app would be less expensive and more versatile than a dedicated GPS device, if you didn’t want to use a phone.

It happens that I had a bunch of Best Buy rewards points expiring soon, so even though I don’t have any aux lights yet, I ordered the PowerSwitch. With rewards, it ended up being not much more than an Auxbeam.

Really?! I didn’t realize that! I might end up getting that myself soon then too! I love the idea of having it work wirelessly for the most part. My OCD kicks in with a lot of extra wires and can’t stand it. Thanks!

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I don‘t understand why Ram doesn’t make a $250 upfitter light switch option like you can get on the Jeep Wrangler.

A lot of guys need remote switching for their trucks in their roadside construction business, volunteer fire department, off road or a verity of other times you need switchable power.

Users who are viewing this thread