5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light Modifications

BMANN06

Reaction score
Hey guys, years ago I used to be able to use my parking foot brake and press it down one click and get cool driving lights. Obviously that option is gone. Is there any way for me to manipulate the software and use my led rings on my headlights as DRLs during dusk. 2019 limited. Thanks for any replies.

derp

Reaction score
Hey guys, years ago I used to be able to use my parking foot brake and press it down one click and get cool driving lights. Obviously that option is gone. Is there any way for me to manipulate the software and use my led rings on my headlights as DRLs during dusk. 2019 limited. Thanks for any replies.
I believe there is a set of options for changing the DRL "dropout" and functioning DRL output in alfaobd.
this *may* help.

"
DRLs: (Daytime Running Lights) For “Dedicated” DRLs (Rams with factory projectors) see post #7079

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/2032174/

CBC Features: DRL Configuration

Select “Optional DRL”

CBC Features: DRL Lamp location (several to choose from, high beam, low beam, fog lamp, dedicated and SRT Light Bar) Known working high beam, low beam, turn signal and fog lamp.

CBC Features: DRL Dropout Enabled

Select “yes”

ECU 3: DRL Customer Setting Enable/Disable

Select “yes”

Customer Service Menus: Daytime Running Lights CSM

Select “yes”

"

eproulx38

Reaction score
I want to test out having my amber lights set as the DRL on my 2020 bighorn. I found a list of settngs in the "ramforum" website but it looks like it is for 4th gens. Does anyone know if these are the same for 5th gen and do I have to change all of these settings, or just the DRL lamp location from dedicated to whatever the side markers are listed as? I just dont want to mess up any settings. I want the accent led lights with the orange ambers on.

*This is what was posted on ramforum for all DRL settings:
DRL configuration >optional
DRL lamp location > dedicated <------- change this?
DRL dropout enabled > yes
CBC I/O right dedicated DRL lamp output present> yes
CBC I/O left dedicated DRL lamp output present > yes
LED dedicated DRL present> yes
ECUConfig 3 DRL customer setting enable> yes
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM> yes

thank you in advance!

saylor

Reaction score
damnit evan lol i just got jscan and bafx odbii lets see what we can do broseph i found this post looking for the same.

did those tow hooks work out for you boss?

saylor

Reaction score
looking at this - like DRL lamp location means high / lo beams, turn signals, fogs, which lamps do you want to use as DRL

may be a radio/user setting to set also.

i want to do this too, i want my mirrors to stay lit up all the time, and i dont want to buy that hack adapter kit i saw. should be able to program it IMO.

eproulx38

Reaction score
damnit evan lol i just got jscan and bafx odbii lets see what we can do broseph i found this post looking for the same.

did those tow hooks work out for you boss?
Tow hooks were a breeze to install and look great!! Thanks again. I saw a picture on these forums with the amber turn signals set as the dry so the orange and the accent lights from the led headlights were on...looked Nice. You definitely have to program the location change and can't be done through the radio. I just don't want to change the wrong setting by accident and mess something up!

eproulx38

Reaction score
This is what I am looking for

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210222-202439_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210222-202439_Chrome.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 88

saylor

Reaction score
+1 me too go get jscan and a odbii reader and a bypass. it looks like we should choose canada DRL then set the ambers as the lamps to light.

i just found this - ill try this one tomorrow morning for sure
jscan-autostop.jpeg

eproulx38

Reaction score
Nice, let me know if you figure it out. I just messaged the member that owns this truck to see what settings he used. Hopefully they are still active and responds. I'll let you know if I find out

cristi

Reaction score
Vreau să testez luminile mele de chihlimbar setate ca DRL pe bighorn-ul meu 2020. Am găsit o listă de setări pe site-ul „ramforum”, dar se pare că este pentru a 4-a generație. Știe cineva dacă acestea sunt aceleași pentru a 5-a generație și trebuie să schimb toate aceste setări sau doar locația lămpii DRL de la dedicată la oricare dintre marcatorii laterali sunt listați? Pur și simplu nu vreau să stric nicio setare. Vreau ledurile de accent cu chihlimbarul portocaliu aprins.

*Iată ce a fost postat pe ramforum pentru toate setările DRL:
Configurare DRL > opțional
Locația lămpii DRL > dedicată <------- schimbi asta?
Eliminarea DRL este activată > da
Ieșire lampa DRL dedicată dreapta CBC I/O prezentă> da
I/O CBC a lăsat ieșirea lămpii DRL dedicată prezentă > da
LED dedicat DRL prezent> da
Activare setări client ECUConfig 3 DRL> da
CustSetMenu 1 lumini de zi CSM> da

vă mulțumesc anticipat!
there is no such option on the canada model

Users who are viewing this thread