5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifting my 2019 Rebel. Asking for advice.

Big Z

Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

Hope y'all had a good Christmas. I just bought a 2019 Ram Rebel and I'm looking to lift it 3.5". I found a lift on Rough Country that I thought was affordable ($599.99 without struts). My question is that there are two options for the struts. The first option to choose is the "Lifted N3 Struts" for $330, and the second is "M1 Monotube Struts" for $550. I'm not sure of the difference but I'd be willing to pay the couple hundred extra to ensure a safer/quality ride. Also, what would be an estimate for how much the install should cost? I was planning to spend around $600-800 for the install but I wasn't sure. All advice is welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and hope y'all have a great new year.

Z,

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good Afternoon All,

Hope y'all had a good Christmas. I just bought a 2019 Ram Rebel and I'm looking to lift it 3.5". I found a lift on Rough Country that I thought was affordable ($599.99 without struts). My question is that there are two options for the struts. The first option to choose is the "Lifted N3 Struts" for $330, and the second is "M1 Monotube Struts" for $550. I'm not sure of the difference but I'd be willing to pay the couple hundred extra to ensure a safer/quality ride. Also, what would be an estimate for how much the install should cost? I was planning to spend around $600-800 for the install but I wasn't sure. All advice is welcome and greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance and hope y'all have a great new year.

Z,
Welcome friend. Twin tube shocks are your old 1950 tech shocks. Mono tubes are more modern and can handle a lot more temperature fluctuations. Now that said, RC shocks are still about the bottom of the barrel. You can get all 4 Bilstein 5100's for less than the front 2 RC struts. Since you have a Rebel you would just use the stock front coils and you would get about 3 inches of lift. You would get a much nicer ride that will last much longer and handle a much wider variety of loads. Get a decent set of Upper Control Arms and you are looking at $1200-$1500 all installed with an alignment. Happy New Year.

Big Z

Reaction score
I know there’ll need to be two cuts made since I’ve got the 5’ 7” bed … was told my RC it’s a two hour job but they’re also trying to sell the product ..

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know there’ll need to be two cuts made since I’ve got the 5’ 7” bed … was told my RC it’s a two hour job but they’re also trying to sell the product ..
The time of the job will be the same for any struts. I have no idea what cuts they would be talking about. You need to cut the frame for the diff drop on 4 inch and 6 inch lifts but I don't know about any for strut lifts.

DIRTRIDER

Reaction score
I would seriously consider upper control arms to keep front end geometry in check with a 3.5” lift. That is why I did the complete kit from Rough Country on my Rebel. 50,000 mi on my truck with no issues and maintained stock ride quality . Installed 295/75-18 tires after lift.

Attachments

• 37B86CDC-65FC-4529-8466-FCDA85F2F176.jpeg
    37B86CDC-65FC-4529-8466-FCDA85F2F176.jpeg
    248.2 KB · Views: 24

Big Z

Reaction score
I would seriously consider upper control arms to keep front end geometry in check with a 3.5” lift. That is why I did the complete kit from Rough Country on my Rebel. 50,000 mi on my truck with no issues and maintained stock ride quality . Installed 295/75-18 tires after lift.
Thanks for the advice man ! I still haven’t made the purchase yet. I’m planning to next month. I’ll keep that in mind along with the recommendation above to get four Bilstein 5100 struts for the lift…. What I just bought was a RC cat back, CAI and an AFR TBS. I heard that with the 5.7L you don’t make any hp gains from any of those but the quality will surely improve versus bone stock.

Users who are viewing this thread