5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifting an EcoDiesel

Warlock1

Reaction score
I ordered a Fox levelling kit back in June or so and they have delayed it yet again and said maybe the end of December. So I might just put a lift in. I was looking at the zone 4inch lift but they no longer recommend it because the front driveshaft is shorter by 5 inches verses the gas version and can cause a vibration. Does anyone have this lift and can they tell me if they are having issues?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Every conversation I’ve seen here about them has ended with the driveshaft issue. A custom driveshaft isn’t too hard to get made, but it’s a big expense. Thinking about it, I wonder if a double u-joint could fill that gap.

TriSum

Reaction score
If you are waiting on the Fox 2.5 DSC's, I recommend that you wait, they are awesome. If you get them from a company that re-valves shocks, have them add some rebound, that is my only complaint.

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
I’ve lifted my ecoD with 6112/5160s on the top setting. Also changed our uca’s to icon delta joints….35s and zero driveshaft issues

Warlock1

Reaction score
Every conversation I’ve seen here about them has ended with the driveshaft issue. A custom driveshaft isn’t too hard to get made, but it’s a big expense. Thinking about it, I wonder if a double u-joint could fill that gap.
I ran into the same issue with another truck that I owned. When I lifted the truck the driveshaft was no longer long enough and didn't engage into the front diff far enough and it "wobbled" only above 40 MPH though. I'm thinking this is the same thing. I would be able to verify if I could get the lift and check the angles and the penetration. It isn't rocket science and some easy calculations would be able to solve this quickly I feel.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
Has anyone found a compatible lift? I noticed Bilstein makes 5100 for the gas model but no diesel. Is this accurate?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone found a compatible lift? I noticed Bilstein makes 5100 for the gas model but no diesel. Is this accurate?
5100’s fit the diesel. What site were you looking at?

Users who are viewing this thread