5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifting a leased truck.

Jcndsu

Reaction score
Does anyone know the terms to lifting a leased truck? Does it make a difference if I buy the truck at end of lease or let it go with the lift on? I emailed CCAP and haven't been able to get threw to a person who knows the answer. Will try calling them if I dont hear from them soon. Makes me wish I would have just bought it but got a pretty good lease on a 2019.
Thanks

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone know the terms to lifting a leased truck? Does it make a difference if I buy the truck at end of lease or let it go with the lift on? I emailed CCAP and haven't been able to get threw to a person who knows the answer. Will try calling them if I dont hear from them soon. Makes me wish I would have just bought it but got a pretty good lease on a 2019.
Thanks
you can buy your lease out at anytime you want.

Jcndsu

Reaction score
you can buy your lease out at anytime you want.
I was considering that. It looks like a $1000 penalty but might be the best option. I was planning on lifting with wheels and tires and taking wheels and tires off in 3 years and buying a new one.
Thank you for the reply.

jamesfg

Reaction score
I work for CCAP so this is coming from the proverbial horses mouth.

At the end of the lease the vehicle has to be in the same condition as it was when you took delivery minus normal wear and tear. Any modifications done to the vehicle that CCAP has to remove to put it back to stock, your going to get billed for it.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
Mod it and try to sell or trade in before lease is up or negotiate to keep it. I usually mod my leased trucks and when it’s time to turn in I get some cash for them.

Good luck

NewRamGuy66

Reaction score
Mod it and try to sell or trade in before lease is up or negotiate to keep it. I usually mod my leased trucks and when it’s time to turn in I get some cash for them.

Good luck
Yep... never knew till recently, but you can sell your lease to Carmax or someone like that at the end of your lease. Say Carmax gives you an offer for $35k, but $32k is still owed for the buyout on the lease. Carmax will write RAM a check for the $32k and you the check for the difference being $3k in this example. #winning

Rsone 11

Reaction score
I don’t know how it is everywhere else but carmax down here in Miami ALWAYS lowballs the hell out you when you go try to sell them a car or truck.

rsonedecker

Reaction score

Good luck
^^^ This. Plus, I’ve modded several leases, but never anything really outrageous, and never been charged a thing. When I’ve turned them in, I just say “I worked the mods into the lease” when the turn-in guy wonders. I know that two of mine were bought by the dealership and guarantee that most of my others were bought before they ever made it back to home base. We used to lease Hummers and Caddy’s with dealer installed 22’s and 24’s, entertainment packages, lifts, all day long and they came back that way.

Peterk814

Reaction score
Would this include if I used a mopar lift? Assume using a mopar lift would be the same as returning the truck in the stock form.

Users who are viewing this thread