5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifters

Fishingrom

Reaction score
I bought a used 2019 Ram 1500 with 21000 miles on it, love the truck but had to replace rear mounting bracket for brakes for the moaning noise and had to tighten a loose sway bar link for the clunk/clattering noise when hitting bumps in the road. But I’m a little concerned about a lifter noise when I’m cruising about 30-40mph and I’m increasing throttle a bit it makes the noise. Other than that I don’t have any lifter noise. Has anyone else noticed this issue and maybe a fix for it?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Conventional oil should be fine , that’s what I’m using but I always use either 89 or 91 octane . The manual calls for 89 . The knock sensor should adjust the timing to run on 87 but if it’s not reading right that could be the problem .

Fishingrom

Reaction score
Conventional oil should be fine , that’s what I’m using but I always use either 89 or 91 octane . The manual calls for 89 . The knock sensor should adjust the timing to run on 87 but if it’s not reading right that could be the problem .
[/QU
i’ll try that and see if it helps

COSPILOT

Reaction score
Every Ram I’ve driven does this at similar speeds and and adding a little gas. The programming of the throttle seems to favor lugging the engine more than I would prefer, so sometimes I hit the tow/haul mode if it’s annoying me.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Every Ram I’ve driven does this at similar speeds and and adding a little gas. The programming of the throttle seems to favor lugging the engine more than I would prefer, so sometimes I hit the tow/haul mode if it’s annoying me.
This is not something I've heard in either of the Ram 1500's w/Hemi that I've owned. Not calling you out, I'm just saying it's not something I've experienced.

At only 21k miles, I'd be more suspicious of the exhaust manifold bolts than I would a lifter problem.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine has done this since new. The two loaners I had did as well. I just think that some people don't notice it as much as others. I have used 87, 89, 91, and 93 with no change. It still runs good and I'm averaging 18.5 MPG.

Jkurtz

Reaction score
I bought a used 2019 Ram 1500 with 21000 miles on it, love the truck but had to replace rear mounting bracket for brakes for the moaning noise and had to tighten a loose sway bar link for the clunk/clattering noise when hitting bumps in the road. But I’m a little concerned about a lifter noise when I’m cruising about 30-40mph and I’m increasing throttle a bit it makes the noise. Other than that I don’t have any lifter noise. Has anyone else noticed this issue and maybe a fix for it?
I had to have the lifters replaced on my 2019. It Gave a bad knocking sound when accelerating and when the engine was in a certain rpm range. Once replaced, engine has been perfect.

Nibis

Reaction score
Check for an exhaust leak, sometimes that will sound like lifters

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online