5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift with ORP?

alexharrel

Reaction score
Is it better to have the ORP for adding a lift and bigger tires or is it better not to? Purchase ordering from factory

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
The only thing that will slow you down when putting a lift on is the air suspension. If you do not have the AS then ORP or not, as long as you are putting on good lift components, it should not matter.

I do not have the ORP and my truck took it's lift perfectly.

The only thing Id mention is depending on how big you are wanting the tires to be, make sure your gearing can handle the increased weight and size.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

alexharrel

Reaction score
The only thing Id mention is depending on how big you are wanting the tires to be, make sure your gearing can handle the increased weight and size.
I was planning on 35x12.5x20 Toyo MTs. Wheels are 20x12.5 -44. Sound okay?

Waitforit0045

Reaction score
I was planning on 35x12.5x20 Toyo MTs. Wheels are 20x12.5 -44. Sound okay?
Yes, you should not run in to any issues with those sizes. Mine are 35x12.5x18 on a 6 inch lift. Had to do some trimming on the liner but the truck took it like a champ. You will love it when it's done.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DaveR

Reaction score
Is it better to have the ORP for adding a lift and bigger tires or is it better not to? Purchase ordering from factory
I have a 2020 with the Off Road Group ( ORG) as it’s called for the 1500 - and had the dealer install the Mopar 2” lift prior to picking up the truck. I think it is well worth getting the package because it has the E-Locker, Hill Descent Control, and all the skid plates- even though you will not be using the shocks, control arms, etc, that come with the ORG if you add a lift. My wheels are Level 8 Haulers: 20x9 with 0 offset and 35” (285/65R20) Falken WP AT3W tires. I have tons of room from the wheels to the calipers and plenty from the tires to all trim/fenders.
B4E7E8D6-F2D7-4A95-AE4B-3B2998AFA02F.jpeg

Last edited:

HEMITKN

Reaction score
I have a 2020 with the Off Road Group ( ORG) as it’s called for the 1500 - and had the dealer install the Mopar 2” lift prior to picking up the truck. I think it is well worth getting the package because it has the E-Locker, Hill Descent Control, and all the skid plates- even though you will not be using the shocks, control arms, etc, that come with the ORG if you add a lift. My wheels are 20x9 with 0 offset and 35” tires. I have tons of room from the wheels to the calipers and plenty from the tires to all trim/fenders.
View attachment 78432
Same reason I went with the Built to Serve Edition. Nice RAM BTY almost ordered a Olive Green one but, saw a BTS edition and was hooked. Did miss the GATOR color and couldn't get the RAM box system due to supplier issues. Will be having 6" lift and 35's on 18's installed as well.

DaveR

Reaction score
Same reason I went with the Built to Serve Edition. Nice RAM BTY almost ordered a Olive Green one but, saw a BTS edition and was hooked. Did miss the GATOR color and couldn't get the RAM box system due to supplier issues. Will be having 6" lift and 35's on 18's installed as well.
Thanks! I fell in love with the color and had to get it from out of state. The BTS is awesome- and will certainly look impressive with a 6” lift! I’m super tall, but my 5’0” girlfriend would shoot me if I put a 6” lift on the truck! :)

HEMITKN

Reaction score
Thanks! I fell in love with the color and had to get it from out of state. The BTS is awesome- and will certainly look impressive with a 6” lift! I’m super tall, but my 5’0” girlfriend would shoot me if I put a 6” lift on the truck! :)
lol, yes I saw this one and was hooked.

Attachments

• 2020 EAM 1500 lifted 3 .jpg
    2020 EAM 1500 lifted 3 .jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 45

HEMITKN

Reaction score
I'm going bronze wheels with nitto RG's, have them on my REBEL.
222.png 2020-Ram-1500-Built-to-Serve_A_o.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_20180514_145136.jpg
    thumbnail_20180514_145136.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 27

alexharrel

Reaction score
You guys are really making me consider that green. I live in the Ozarks and that would be such a beautiful color up there! I’m falling in love with all these trucks lol. That gen 1 rebel looks absolutely incredible!

Users who are viewing this thread