5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift Rear With Firestone Ride-Rite?

guitarjesus

Reaction score
I got my 2wd Tradesman Quad used earlier this year and want to do a lift on it. I like the CST and MaxTrac setups with the lift spindles but they have a coil spacer for the rears. I have the Ride-Rite air bags by Firestone and need to know if there is a way to lift the rear up or if I just need to fill the bags to level out the rear. With a 4" lift in the front, I'm worried about filling the bags too much and sacrificing the ride quality. Anyone have any knowledge on this or suggestions?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, they would be ultra stiff, not suitable to drive with, and may not reach that length. They would be too stiff to drive with trying for 1" lift, let alone 4". They are molded to work at a certain length. The spacers will be fine, altho make sure your shocks are long enough, or new, or remounted? Is the ride rite outside of the spring? You may have to get a spacer for both. Spacers should be cheap? Used Airlift in a '95 Impala.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
Yes, they would be ultra stiff, not suitable to drive with, and may not reach that length. They would be too stiff to drive with trying for 1" lift, let alone 4". They are molded to work at a certain length. The spacers will be fine, altho make sure your shocks are long enough, or new, or remounted? Is the ride rite outside of the spring? You may have to get a spacer for both. Spacers should be cheap? Used Airlift in a '95 Impala.
The Ride-Rite is the spring.

Users who are viewing this thread