5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift question 20 1500 4x4

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
So I have a 20 1500 quad cab 4x4
I did the level kit from rough country not sure of the num
But was the kit that lifts 3.5 in the ft with the strut spacers and 1” in the rear
It looked great until I had to do some wood hauling and realized
The stock springs were not strong enough,so put in some heavy duty coils I had to remove the rear 1” spacers from the rough county kit
As was way too high in the back
But even with that it looks like the stock rake the whole truck is just higher
Any suggestions?
The place I got the springs sell heavy duty ft springs that are suppose to level a stock truck so was thinking that may make up the difference?
Any ideas ?

Jedi9

Reaction score
Not knowing what kind is in there I would be hesitant to make a recommendation. I had a factory rake of 1.5 inches. I installed Bilsteins set on the highest setting which gave me 3" of lift up front. I installed Tufftruck variable springs which I feel work good for hauling and towing. they were rated 1.5" but I got 2"+ so I retained a little rake, around 1/2 to 3/4". I'm sure something is going to settle a little bit over time. If the rear settles more I will drop the front to keep up with it.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmmm. That was a quick turnaround for a company. What about looking into Bilstein or Eibach 1-2 inch rear springs? Ironman 4x4 has 2” springs on sale now I believe.

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Ya seems like the easiest way might just be to go with a less heavy duty spring in the back gotta be a happy medium between the stock and what I have
All I know is the stock was no good for hauling wood

Attachments

• IMG_7806.jpeg
    IMG_7806.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24

Tattoofever6971

Reaction score
Thanks those are the same style springs as sd springs sold except they forgot to mention the 3” lift with the hd ones I put in looks like the variable rate will be the way to go

Users who are viewing this thread