5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift Options

Lockout95

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 2019 1500 Bighorn RWD and have been researching the options for a lift. I don’t off-road and tow infrequently so the main goal is looks. With that ideally I want to fit 35s and not tank the ride quality completely. I really like the look of the Readylift 3.5 SST when it’s installed but after researching the forums I’m a little wary of the kit. Any experiences or recommendations would be great. Thanks!

lapoolboy

Reaction score
Why are you wary of the Readylift? Great kit.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd say you pretty much answered it yourself in your post above. If the main goal is the visual appearance, and you're not concerned with off-road performance, I don't see any reason in paying for anything greater than the ReadyLift or Rough Country kit. Lifting a truck and throwing larger tires under it is going to almost always sacrifice ride quality to some extent. That just comes with the modification. Sure there are many ways to combat it, but for a truck that you don't plan to leave the pavement with, I don't see the point.

I've ran the ReadyLift setup for a little over 1 year and 12k miles. No issues. Completely adequate for daily driving in my opinion. No regrets with ReadyLIFT's quality. Especially at the entry level price point. My only regret would be not going with a taller lift initially.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Mopar 2" kit coming from a member here. Should fit 35" tires.

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
Speaking as a vendor, every 3.5" SST Readylift I've ever sold, I've had zero complaints with. The aftermarket Upper Control Arms help fix the angles, and it utilizes a Tophat style and preload style spacer so it's not just one huge spacer sitting up top. If you're concerned with ride quality from that you could always switch out to running a set of Bilstien 5100's (if they ever come back in stock) or 6112's (Which may be over kill if you're not ever going offroad) and set them at 2.5" and just run the 1" tophat spacer on top of that, which is going to still net you 3.5" lift up front. When you're ready to pull the trigger, or if you just wanna shop prices, shoot me a PM here, I can get you wholesale pricing on Readylift (and Bilstein) if you wanna go that way.

lapoolboy

Reaction score
The tophat spacer gets you 2", not 1". So, that together with the Bilsteins set at 2.5" would give too much lift. You want to set the Bilsteins to net you a max of 3.5" after settling. I set my 6112s to 1.9" and used only the tophat spacers....after a few days of driving, the front is right at 3.5".

Accessory.Parts

Reaction score
The tophat spacer gets you 2", not 1". So, that together with the Bilsteins set at 2.5" would give too much lift. You want to set the Bilsteins to net you a max of 3.5" after settling. I set my 6112s to 1.9" and used only the tophat spacers....after a few days of driving, the front is right at 3.5".
You are correct! Tuesdays. Ugh. LOL

Alfonse

Reaction score
Thank you for this information. I am planning on getting a ReadyLift 3.5" SST kit with Bilstein 5100s. I do have a question about my rear setup. I will have an ARE truck cap, DECKED drawer system and a BedSlide - that is about 600lbs in the rear at all times. Would I need different springs or shocks in the rear? I really like the ride quality of my truck and want to at least replicate stock with that payload. I won't be doing any offroading.

Users who are viewing this thread