5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift/leveling kit to clear 35" tires.

Truckone176

Reaction score
Hello, I've finally decided on the rout that I want to go with the truck, it is a 2021 Sport with the factory 22" wheels. I'm looking to lift or level the truck to allow me to run 35x12.5x22 tires on the stock wheels. I've read through so many threads and still a little confused. Do I need wheel spacers? I really don't want wheel spacers or to buy new wheels. I will get new upper control arms though.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends on the actual tire you put on and it’s real life measurements. Most 35x12.5 tires don’t actually measure true to that size. I would feel more comfortable with more space between the tire and UCA which is why I went with Bora wheels spacers with 285/65r20 (34.8x11.6).

IMG_9914.jpeg IMG_9735.jpeg IMG_0164.jpeg

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Going wider on stock means getting close to the uca's. Since you're on 22's that means you're not off roading and won't be airing down so you have a shot at clearance. On my gen 4 I did 285 65 17's on stock +19 wheels and I would rub hard aired down. You should plan on spacers.

Jray22

Reaction score
I have the same 22s. I’m plannng on upgrading to a 3.5” lift and changing out the UCAs. I was actually thinking of going 33s just to avoid any possible issues. Plus I need to stay under 83” of clearance to still fit in the garage. 🤣 I would do the lift and UCAs and go from there it really all depends on what size tire you choose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/