5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift Kits

A4Owner

Reaction score
Stupid question alert. So I found that by omitting Ram Box and the Air Suspension I can save about $5,000 on my LHorn. But...I do like the [slightly] elevated look...so like 2 inches max over OEM height. My question is are there any good quality lift kits you can recommend, do they compromise ride quality, do they last for the life of the truck and can I install them myself??? Thanks.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you want a 2 inch lift on the rear stock non-off-road group height and want the front level, then you will need to look at a 4 inch lift kit. The 4 inch lift kit involves some cutting, so you will have to figure out how far you want to go to achieve the look you want.

if you get a quality kit, it will last. Even if you have to replace shocks, the rest of the kit will be fine. My suggestion is to go with the tried and true fox shocks with whatever you get. I have adopted a saying “buy once cry once. “

Last edited:

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Stupid question alert. So I found that by omitting Ram Box and the Air Suspension I can save about $5,000 on my LHorn. But...I do like the [slightly] elevated look...so like 2 inches max over OEM height. My question is are there any good quality lift kits you can recommend, do they compromise ride quality, do they last for the life of the truck and can I install them myself??? Thanks.
Mopar makes a 2 inch lift kit with Fox shocks. Have your dealer install it and it’ll keep your warranty in tact and will last just as long as the stock suspension would! If you want a more leveled look you can use a 3 inch spacer in the front and 1 inch spacer in the rear. You could easily do it yourself and it’s dirt cheap. Get the same mopar UCAs that come with the mopar kit and you effectively lifted your truck for a couple hundred bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread