5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lift kits with stock 22"s

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
2” Leveling kit while I wait for my 4” BDS lift…. Running the stock 22’s and I think they are perfect….

Attachments

• CA91E0CF-CCA5-408D-9729-F24F5BA0C52E.jpeg
    CA91E0CF-CCA5-408D-9729-F24F5BA0C52E.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 139

Vol4Life

Reaction score
2” Leveling kit while I wait for my 4” BDS lift…. Running the stock 22’s and I think they are perfect….
What size tire will you run with the 4" kit? I've got a 21 night edition with 22s but they look different so wondering how they compare offset and such. Was considering going 3 or 4" lift.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
What size tire will you run with the 4" kit? I've got a 21 night edition with 22s but they look different so wondering how they compare offset and such. Was considering going 3 or 4" lift.
Still running the 295/55r22’s…. I could go bigger but really there is no need. I like the look of these on my stock rims.

Attachments

• 84EC4085-C473-40CD-A7C1-8D55EFF08252.jpeg
    84EC4085-C473-40CD-A7C1-8D55EFF08252.jpeg
    280.1 KB · Views: 103

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
So you have the 4" kit installed now? If so, how do you like it?
Really like it…. Makes the truck look and feel like a truck, not a low rider with 22” street tires.

the Ride is the same as it was stock and all air modes work so I can still raise it an additional 2”.… very happy with my decision. Only thing I may add later is a Hellwig rear sway bar but it’s really not needed. We’ll see…..

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
which lift kit did you use?
BDS 4” with the upgraded Fox Shocks…. There isn’t a lot of choices with air ride…. Only other choice is the RC 5” and I didn’t want to go that tall.

Attachments

• 65A05789-A3C7-4F50-BDA2-811FCF250598.jpeg
    65A05789-A3C7-4F50-BDA2-811FCF250598.jpeg
    208.4 KB · Views: 47

mcp6530

Reaction score
BDS 4” with the upgraded Fox Shocks…. There isn’t a lot of choices with air ride…. Only other choice is the RC 5” and I didn’t want to go that tall.
I thought the main choice was revel air links and spacers....that seemed to be the route most took with Limited's.

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the main choice was revel air links and spacers....that seemed to be the route most took with Limited's.
That's kind of workaround method, I've discovered. Not really "official" and not the most efficient and high quality way to go about it.

I'm about to try the ReadyLift 1.5 kit with spacers and new UCA's myself, seems a bit more specifically designed for the air ride as a kit, rather than workable individual components paired together.

Bigdumps

Reaction score
Night edition 22's. Mopar lift kit. 285/55 Toyo at3s. Love it.

Attachments

• PXL_20211207_172848900.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20211207_172848900.PORTRAIT.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 115

Domt1775

Reaction score
That's kind of workaround method, I've discovered. Not really "official" and not the most efficient and high quality way to go about it.

I'm about to try the ReadyLift 1.5 kit with spacers and new UCA's myself, seems a bit more specifically designed for the air ride as a kit, rather than workable individual components paired together.
Revel sells a kit with all the components, check out their website.

Keep us updated with pics! What size tire are you going to run?

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Revel sells a kit with all the components, check out their website.

Keep us updated with pics! What size tire are you going to run?
Yeah, I have all the components for it but apparently you need to trim the bolts of the air canisters to get the spacers to sit properly. Pretty permanent. So I'm keeping the links but returning the spacers.

Don't need to do that with the ReadyLift kit spacers, and it comes with control arms that give you the proper ball joint angle and also align the stock front links so that the air suspension thinks it's still in normal, so you don't need adjustable (Revel) links up front.

But, you still end up with between 0.5 and 1 inch of rake, so I will use Revel links in the rear to drop it a smidge.

Will be a couple of weeks before I get to it but I'm sure I will post something about it somewhere haha.

Domt1775

Reaction score
Yeah, I have all the components for it but apparently you need to trim the bolts of the air canisters to get the spacers to sit properly. Pretty permanent. So I'm keeping the links but returning the spacers.

Don't need to do that with the ReadyLift kit spacers, and it comes with control arms that give you the proper ball joint angle and also align the stock front links so that the air suspension thinks it's still in normal, so you don't need adjustable (Revel) links up front.

But, you still end up with between 0.5 and 1 inch of rake, so I will use Revel links in the rear to drop it a smidge.

Will be a couple of weeks before I get to it but I'm sure I will post something about it somewhere haha.

Never heard that.. I saw that in one post but nowhere else so something tells me it isn’t a must

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never heard that.. I saw that in one post but nowhere else so something tells me it isn’t a must

I've seen it several times. What I hear is that 2021 and 2022 model years have different size bolts. Can't confirm though.

But, after some additional research, it seems keeping the stock UCA's is not ideal, especially if you plan to use OR1 somewhat, or OR2 at all. The ball joint angle will be maxed out hard in the latter setting (because you've effectively lifted yourself 4 inches at that point) and I just don't want to mess with it.

The ReadyLift UCA's are specifically designed for the lift the accompanying spacers are giving you, so it just seemed like a "safer" option to me in the long run.

Plenty of people have run Daystars with the Revel links for years so it's probably fine, I just feel more comfortable with the ReadyLift kit.

Domt1775

Reaction score
I've seen it several times. What I hear is that 2021 and 2022 model years have different size bolts. Can't confirm though.

But, after some additional research, it seems keeping the stock UCA's is not ideal, especially if you plan to use OR1 somewhat, or OR2 at all. The ball joint angle will be maxed out hard in the latter setting and I just don't want to mess with it.

The ReadyLift UCA's are specifically designed for the lift the accompanying spacers are giving you, so it just seemed like a "safer" option to me in the long run.

Plenty of people have run Daystars with the Revel links for years so it's probably fine, I just feel more comfortable with the ReadyLift kit.

Yea I feel that, I was looking at the readylift kit as well until I saw Revel’s new advanced package they have that provides the entire kit (UCAs, Spacers, Links pre adjusted). I have a 21 limited so I’m sure it’ll be fine.. well at least I hope so

AngelPhoenix

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea I feel that, I was looking at the readylift kit as well until I saw Revel’s new advanced package they have that provides the entire kit (UCAs, Spacers, Links pre adjusted). I have a 21 limited so I’m sure it’ll be fine.. well at least I hope so

It's definitely a learning experience 😅

I haven't been here very long (I just have a high post count cause I don't know when to shut up lol) but I've learned a lot real quick.

Originally I had just the links on and they worked great but my ride went to s**t, hated it. So, went back to stock and ordered the spacers but then found out more about the UCA's and the possible bolt trimming so here I am with two different leveling kits hoping the new one I picked will work better than the half @$$ed one I was piecing together.

mcp6530

Reaction score
It's definitely a learning experience 😅

I haven't been here very long (I just have a high post count cause I don't know when to shut up lol) but I've learned a lot real quick.

Originally I had just the links on and they worked great but my ride went to s**t, hated it. So, went back to stock and ordered the spacers but then found out more about the UCA's and the possible bolt trimming so here I am with two different leveling kits hoping the new one I picked will work better than the half @$$ed one I was piecing together.
I thought the consensus was everything is kosher as long as you don't level more than 2" in front or do a lot of off roading at level 2 (all the way up).

Users who are viewing this thread