5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift Kit

Reaction score
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn

For the rear, I've got a set of Rough Country 0-3" N3 rear shock absorbers. N3 Rear Shocks | 0-3" | Ram 1500 2WD/4WD (2019-2024)

Confirm my understanding: This makes it possible for me to add 2" spacers to the rear coil springs, right? Or do these shock absorbers lift the rear of the truck all by themselves?

For the front, I've got a set of Rough Country 3.5" N3 loaded struts.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shocks do not raise anything, only allow for more travel. I would confirm with RC about them and 2" spacers to make sure, but yes, you should be able to.

Reaction score
Thank you CHeYeNNe71.

Do I need a diff drop kit for the 3.5" front lift? I read a comprehensive thread on another forum about lifting 4th gen Rams, and it says lifts over 2.8" should have a diff drop kit to mitigate premature wear. Does that apply to 5th gens as well? Does anyone have a part number/manufacturer of drop kits for a 2019 4WD?

Morenar

Reaction score
Thank you CHeYeNNe71.

Do I need a diff drop kit for the 3.5" front lift? I read a comprehensive thread on another forum about lifting 4th gen Rams, and it says lifts over 2.8" should have a diff drop kit to mitigate premature wear. Does that apply to 5th gens as well? Does anyone have a part number/manufacturer of drop kits for a 2019 4WD?
Shouldn't need one for a 3.5. I believe anything more than 4" you would . I had the 3.5 Readylift on mine before I switched to the BDS 6in lift.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you CHeYeNNe71.

No, 4" and above need the drop kit. Which all manufactures do.

Users who are viewing this thread