5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift Kit

eossai

Reaction score
Hi Guys

Not new with Rams, but new to lifting and levelling kits. I'm buying my 19 Laramie next week. The first thing I want to do is give it a 2.5" lift. After doing some research I think I will go with either Rough Country or Bilstein. Any suggestions on which would be a good product to go for.

Also when looking to buy new tires 35" should I buy the tires prior to having the truck lifted? Anything else I'm missing would be great to know.

Thanks

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m being told no Bils till first week of March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Both are popular options. Either will do just fine.
As for tires, there's no specific reason to buy them early. You can drive on the stock tires with the lift and it won't look that out of place (if at all). It's not like you're doing a 6" lift or something. That said, there's also no specific reason to not buy them early either. So you could do it all at once and be done or order the tires after it's done. Much like the lift choice both will do just fine.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the tires you want are available now, I would buy them sooner rather than later. A few guys on this forum have run into supply issues and have ended up waiting months to get the tires they wanted.

eossai

Reaction score
Both are popular options. Either will do just fine.
As for tires, there's no specific reason to buy them early. You can drive on the stock tires with the lift and it won't look that out of place (if at all). It's not like you're doing a 6" lift or something. That said, there's also no specific reason to not buy them early either. So you could do it all at once and be done or order the tires after it's done. Much like the lift choice both will do just fine.
Yeah more so just a cost thing, since the lift and installation will cost a few grand

Users who are viewing this thread