5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lift kit

vinny87

Reaction score
hi all
I'm trying to install a front lift on my 2019 ram new gen, but the upper control arm won't come loose, even after hitting it with a hammer. Any suggestion?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
hi all
I'm trying to install a front lift on my 2019 ram new gen, but the upper control arm won't come loose, even after hitting it with a hammer. Any suggestion?
You can carefully use the fork ball joint separator.

GARebel19

Reaction score
I had no luck getting the ball joint loose just by hitting it with a hammer either. I used a pickle fork and since I bought the Readylift leveling that replaces the upper control arms I wasn't worried about messing up the boot around the ball joint and of course it got destroyed. I really don't see how you can save them with using a pickle fork.

U

User_21361

I had to use a small sledge with reasonable (about a quarter swing) hits to get my passenger side loose. Not sure what kind of hammer you are using, but my heavy claw hammer did absolutely nothing. Such a pain in the *** and one of the reasons I never want to take it apart again haha. Good luck!

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, I had to use a small 5lb sledge hammer. Gave it several good smacks and it came loose.

sd2134

Reaction score
No luck for me with only using a hammer. Got mine loose by applying pressure with a 10mm socket on the bottom of the ball joint and hitting the knucle with a hammer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread