5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift kit plan

Golfzilla184

Reaction score
So I've been going down the rabbit hole for the last 4 weeks of trying to figure out the best option for a lift for my truck. Please let me know if what I'm about to say is what the general consensus is amongst the group. My ultimate goal is to run safely run 35s on new wheels. The following is the setup I'm currently inclined to go with.

FRONT - Ready lift 2" level kit (for the top hat spacer and UCA)
FRONT - Bilstein 5100 strut (in position #4)

REAR - Bilstein 5100 strut 1" rea struts and coils

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanking everyone in advance for any help they can provide.

EricBrums89

Reaction score
So I've been going down the rabbit hole for the last 4 weeks of trying to figure out the best option for a lift for my truck. Please let me know if what I'm about to say is what the general consensus is amongst the group. My ultimate goal is to run safely run 35s on new wheels. The following is the setup I'm currently inclined to go with.

FRONT - Ready lift 2" level kit (for the top hat spacer and UCA)
FRONT - Bilstein 5100 strut (in position #4)

REAR - Bilstein 5100 strut 1" rea struts and coils

Any and all comments are welcome. Thanking everyone in advance for any help they can provide.
I don’t think lift struts with preload spacers are a good idea. The lift struts already preload the spring to attain lift, and adding a preload spacer is just going to preload it even more. I believe you’d run the risk of damaging your truck.

Golfzilla184

Reaction score
I wont be running preload spacers. the 2" level has the top hat spacer. i would be substituting the preload spacer for the adjustable strut in position 4.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You're trying to achieve 3" up front? That'll work. I ran 2" spacers on top of a 1" Bilstein 5100 lift for years on my Titan.

EricBrums89

Reaction score
Nevermind. I was looking at the wrong Ready Lift kit. My apologies.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Your ability to run 35's with a 3" lift will depend largely on your wheel selection. Offset is going to determine UCA contact, trimming, etc.

Golfzilla184

Reaction score
Your ability to run 35's with a 3" lift will depend largely on your wheel selection. Offset is going to determine UCA contact, trimming, etc.
i have the wheels picked out 20x9 with a 0 offset tires are going to be 35x12.5

Golfzilla184

Reaction score
From everything ive read the preload spacer combined with the top hat spacer is bad for your truck. That's basically what the readylift 3.5 kit is.

I even contacted a local off-road shop that specializes in lifts the they said they wouldn't do a kit that double stacks spacers because it harmful to the truck.

808BigHorn

Reaction score
I have the Readylift UCA’s and strut extension spacer paired with Fox 2.0 coilovers at the factory 2” setting. I run 20X9 wheels 0 offset 5 backspace with a true 35” tire. No rubbing whatsoever after I removed the plastic mud guards.

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
🤔. I’m not an expert at lifts but I would pay attention to a 4x4 outfitter on the situation. Although that’s what I did and I’m way over budget. Waiting on the 6” bds. They make it in 4” also. Lifetime warranty on parts.

Users who are viewing this thread