5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift kit help

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lift kit, that work with the dropped crossmember.

2WD kits can use spindles/ knuckles for lift, like like lowering kits do at times, to move the mounting point for wheels. If you look at the Maxtrac kits

cubb99

Reaction score
Lift kit, that work with the dropped crossmember.

2WD kits can use spindles/ knuckles for lift, like like lowering kits do at times, to move the mounting point for wheels. If you look at the Maxtrac kits
gotcha thanks. hmmm well most people on here seem to think the 4WD coilovers will work... now i just need to make the decision on whether or not im willing to risk the money. Would be an absolute killer if there was a problem with the install.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Like I said only issue I could POSSIBLY see, would be if they can't be adjusted down if they do sit 1" higher. I would make that call to RC about that. Just ask if you want the front slightly lower, can they be adjusted down slightly, like no more then an inch.

cubb99

Reaction score
Like I said only issue I could POSSIBLY see, would be if they can't be adjusted down if they do sit 1" higher. I would make that call to RC about that. Just ask if you want the front slightly lower, can they be adjusted down slightly, like no more then an inch.
I do believe the last guy i talked to at RC today mentioned something about being able to lower them because he said he'd throw in a "vertex coilover adjusting wrench" to do that with if i did decide to repurchase the 4WD Coilovers....

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also the other thing I'm not 100% sure, with 4WD you need to cut the OEM crossmember for clearance of the front Diff. The 2WD you might not need to cut the OEM crossmember. The installer should know that when they match up the new crossmember. I'm not sure if you are aware of that?

cubb99

Reaction score
Also the other thing I'm not 100% sure, with 4WD you need to cut the OEM crossmember for clearance of the front Diff. The 2WD you might not need to cut the OEM crossmember. The installer should know that when they match up the new crossmember. I'm not sure if you are aware of that?
To be honest i'm so new to this world i really am not familiar with most of these parts. Id think that since they don't have to cut it that would be better no? So the installer when matching up the crossmember would know if the coilovers would work or not? I almost need a script from you on things to ask the installer or Rough Country cause i'm a bit in over my head. I wish i knew all of this better but this is my first truck that i'll be lifting.

cubb99

Reaction score

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes. I'm running their reverse level coils right now and I know many with 4th Gen 2WD ran their kits. Plus Fox is a good company. Easier install as well.

cubb99

Reaction score
Yes. I'm running their reverse level coils right now and I know many with 4th Gen 2WD ran their kits. Plus Fox is a good company. Easier install as well.
gotcha that is great to know... i'll continue to check out about the RC Vertex coils with some shops around.

About that MaxTrac lift... is that a 4 inch lift? the way it reads on its description is odd.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm not sure how it will sit. Might be level, or a slight rake. You could always reach out to Maxtrac and ask them, or see if you can find anyone on here that has installed it.

cubb99

Reaction score
I did a quick search and there are youtube reviews bout it. Might be 4th Gen, but will give you feedback
Ya I found that they sell 1.5inch coil spacers for the back end that level the whole thing out. Thank you so much for helping me out with this stuff. I think i'll unfortunately just return the RC lift and purchase the package that MaxTrac has so i can have the peace of mind that it will work on my truck no doubt.

Adjutant

Reaction score
I did a quick search and there are youtube reviews bout it. Might be 4th Gen, but will give you feedback
Man, you are a stud for being so helpful! This is what these boards should be about. I just think its great that youre helping him out like this. Im in the same boat as him, as far as "lift knowledge".

Users who are viewing this thread