5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift cause Park Assist not to work?

Utemachine

Reaction score
I have a 5” lift on my 2020 Limited. For the first time today I decided to try the park assist and it says “Park Assist Temporarily Unavailable.”
I have an appointment with the dealer but curious if this could be the lift.

Utemachine

Reaction score
Update: The system wasn’t working because it needed a software update. So the system works but it performs like a Gen 1 beta version. It detects spots half the time. When it does detect it wants to either back right into the hood of a car or runs me into the curb. What a joke. Is nobody experiencing these problems?

BNeal

Reaction score
I have never had any luck with these systems. My BMW was janky too - never used it.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did yours work before you raised it up 5 inches?

I don't have a lift. Mine works too well so I keep the system disabled most of the time. I don't need the rear sensors because the back-up camera is much more effective when backing up. I only turn the fronts on temporarily when parking is tight, then I turn them right back off.

Utemachine

Reaction score
Did yours work before you raised it up 5 inches?

I don't have a lift. Mine works too well so I keep the system disabled most of the time. I don't need the rear sensors because the back-up camera is much more effective when backing up. I only turn the fronts on temporarily when parking is tight, then I turn them right back off.
To clarify I’m talking about the parallel and perpendicular self park feature. Unfortunately I never tried the system before I lifted it. I wished I had. The way the system works now it’s not usable

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
The one time I used this (to try it out), it worked w/o issues for me (parallel).

Utemachine

Reaction score
But why would it? Not disputing it, just wondering why it would make a difference.
My theory would be the sensors that read the curb, space between cars, and the parking lot stripes are now reading from a significantly higher point of view. The tires are much bigger so the turning radius is different. It would only take a minor difference to result in a conflict between the computer and reality.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My theory would be the sensors that read the curb, space between cars, and the parking lot stripes are now reading from a significantly higher point of view. The tires are much bigger so the turning radius is different. It would only take a minor difference to result in a conflict between the computer and reality.
All the geometry of your car is different now so i doubt it would work like stock unless somebody got equipment to do the sensor recalibrate with your car new height.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
To clarify I’m talking about the parallel and perpendicular self park feature. Unfortunately I never tried the system before I lifted it. I wished I had. The way the system works now it’s not usable
Sorry, I misunderstood. You said park assist, so I thought you meant the parking sensors weren't working correctly. From what I've read you aren't missing much. A lot of people complain about how slow the process is. We have it on our Limited but neither of us has tried it.

Users who are viewing this thread