5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift Advice

Morenar

Reaction score
302afd3bd90f5fe24c4829d5f31cad52.jpg

BDS 3” lift has been installed. Feels much better but I’ve only driven it on pavement. I’ll have it out on the lease rods tomorrow. I did still notice a bumping sound on hard right hand turns in the front drivers side that was there before. Drives me crazy so I’ve got to figure out what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check the bolt for the sway bar end links to the sway bar. Those are notorious for not tightening down after lift install since they spin unless you hold it down on on end. Happened with my 3.5 Readylift a few years back and just this year with my BDS 6in lift.

utlong31

Reaction score
So far this set up has been fantastic. Had to do some research and learn more about the settings but I seam to have it dialed in pretty good right now for what I encounter on my daily drives and it’s pretty easy to change up. It’s actually to good. I tend to drive a lot faster on these rough roads than I should. Turning radios is better and I don’t get the lock out in reverse like I had in the steering before. Well worth the cost. I still haven’t been able to get it in and get the drivers side knock looked at but should soon.

utlong31

Reaction score
Well I’ve had three different shops look at it an no one can find anything wrong with it to cause the drivers side knocking. I’ll just try and live with it for now.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have you disconnected the front sway bar to take that out of the equation? Disconnect BOTH side and drive it looking for the clunk.

Users who are viewing this thread