5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifetime Warranty Refund Incentive

Sign Man

Reaction score
This weekend I purchased a new 2020 Ram Big Horn. During the negotiations I mentioned that I had a Lifetime warranty on my 2013 Express. I did not trade my 2013 in because I was selling it to Carvana.
The finance guy told me that Chrysler was trying to get out of these old warranties and was offering 3,000 in rebates towards a new vehicle purchase. Since the warranty is non transferable when sold I jumped at the opportunity since now I just added 3,000 to the value of my old truck or 3,000 more in rebates for the new ruck which I took.
He said this program is valid to the end of next month (sept) so if your in the position I was you might consider it.

U

User_3336

HUH? I'm confused. Where is the $3,000 coming from???

FCA hasn't sold the unlimited lifetime plan in almost two years.. there is a 7 year, unlimited MILES, but that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HUH? I'm confused. Where is the $3,000 coming from???

FCA hasn't sold the unlimited lifetime plan in almost two years.. there is a 7 year, unlimited MILES, but that's about it.
Anyone with an older model, like the OP, could be looking to trade and getting extra cash back to coax them out of their old truck/warranty. Heck, I’ve got a Lifetime MaxCare on my 2019 (bought it when they announced they’d be discontinued).

U

User_3336

You mean enticing them with $3000 in exchange for the remainder of their lifetime warranty?

Anyone with an older model, like the OP, could be looking to trade and getting extra cash back to coax them out of their old truck/warranty. Heck, I’ve got a Lifetime MaxCare on my 2019 (bought it when they announced they’d be discontinued).

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You mean enticing them with $3000 in exchange for the remainder of their lifetime warranty?
Yeah...like giving me an extra $3K off on a new purchase if I trade in my current (lifetime-warrantied) truck—eliminating FCA’s potential risk of paying out a lot more in claims against that warranty over time.

Paultg

Reaction score
Did you call and see what the value was to just cancel the warranty?
I did that once on a Toyota and got almost all my money back.

Users who are viewing this thread