5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Levelling Kit Advice/Options

frisby5

Reaction score
In my opinion.. I would those, Mopar control arms are rather cheap (price) to not to. Now when you get into the more expensive options like readylift, zone, rough country then you may reconsider.
Ok, yeah i bought the Rough country 2 inch struts ,i didnt want to go cheap with spacers i heard some people had issues.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Im looking to get 275 65 20 or 285 65 20 s , how do you like the Venoms?
My tires are 275/65/20 Kenda Klever M/T. Got them cheap off marketplace. $400 for the set, almost new. They have been good tires, and after just over a year and 13000 miles of driving still have plenty of tread life left. They do make some noise in freeway, but not as bad as some M/T tires I've heard. I would not have bought them new for full price as I rarely go off-road.

There are a few different tires I am looking at for replacing them. Going to go to a A/T or R/T tire next. Looking at the Kenda Klever R/T, the Patriot New Mutant X-RT or X-AT,. The Radar Renegade R/T, or now I have seen the Maxxis Razr AT-811 in a 296/65/20(35") that have intrigued me.

If I wanted to spend more money, I'd probably buy the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss

frisby5

Reaction score
My tires are 275/65/20 Kenda Klever M/T. Got them cheap off marketplace. $400 for the set, almost new. They have been good tires, and after just over a year and 13000 miles of driving still have plenty of tread life left. They do make some noise in freeway, but not as bad as some M/T tires I've heard. I would not have bought them new for full price as I rarely go off-road.

There are a few different tires I am looking at for replacing them. Going to go to a A/T or R/T tire next. Looking at the Kenda Klever R/T, the Patriot New Mutant X-RT or X-AT,. The Radar Renegade R/T, or now I have seen the Maxxis Razr AT-811 in a 296/65/20(35") that have intrigued me.

If I wanted to spend more money, I'd probably buy the Mickey Thompson Baja Boss
I have been looking at Mickey T. Also. I work at Fedex so i get to look at alot of tires ,so i get to see how different tires look and feel

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't tell you why I got an extra 1/2", I just know that's what happened after I installed them. And no, it never settled. If you install them and torque properly, there is no "settling" when changing UCAs. Most people torque them before putting weight in suspension. But you are supposed to do final torque after you have the load on them.

I have measured several times before and after install of all suspension components.
I've never measured a vehicle after putting just UCA's on, but then I also do the final torque on the ground like you're supposed to too.
For clarification, the "settling" I'm referring to is likely more a matter of angles, not so much stuff moving around. Maybe I should use a different term but if everything is properly torqued you shouldn't get much (if any) movement of any components after you drive it.
What I'm getting at though is that when jacking the truck up, it lets the suspension hang... obviously. When you set it back down, the tires aren't exactly in contact with the ground like they are when they roll into place. If it's sitting with the suspension at angles different than it would normally sit, that could lead to measured height differences compared to driving it into position. Technically speaking you could get this same effect by rotating your tires. Nothing mechanically changed but lifting the truck up and setting it down my give you different value if you measure it before diving it. Although I haven't measured a vehicle after a tire rotation either to see if it's that same 1/2" I typically see with lift installs. I would not be surprised if it was though.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Im looking to get 275 65 20 or 285 65 20 s , how do you like the Venoms?
The venoms are working out great. I rarely go off-road but they pull good in the mud, and ride good on the street. No complaints so far!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Never mind lol i seen them in your thread.
All good lol. I wanted 4 ply since I don’t tow anything heavy so went with the 33” XT. Any larger I think they are load range E (10 ply)

sessman

Reaction score
I'd personally steer clear of pre-lkad spacers for lift as it will effect the ride quality. For the front, I would use one of the options that replaces the front struts like Bilstien, Rough Country, Eibach.......

On my truck I have Bilstien 5100 struts in the front set for a 1.4" lift(on my BTS with off road package) and added Zone Off-road UCAs because I got them cheap off Facebook marketplace. The UCAs gave me an additional 1/2" lift in front. This made the truck sit perfectly level, which actually looked nose high at certain angles. I have since added a 1" rear spacer to give a little rake back. Also running 34" tall tires View attachment 144487
This is exactly how I want my truck to sit. I don't have ORP, will the 5100s still get me here? Also, I have the 22" night edition wheels, have you seen any pics of them with 5100s and 34s? I can't seem to find any...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This is exactly how I want my truck to sit. I don't have ORP, will the 5100s still get me here? Also, I have the 22" night edition wheels, have you seen any pics of them with 5100s and 34s? I can't seem to find any...
Yes, can still get the look with the Bilstien 5100s. Im only on clip #4. You will need to lift the rear as well

Users who are viewing this thread