5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling my 2020 Ram Rebel 4WD with largest tires on stock rims - Checklist?

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a 2020 Ram Rebel 4WD and so far I am really enjoying it. I got this truck as a daily so I am not looking to do a ton of modifications to it. However, I do want to give it as an aggressive as possible look without completely modifying the entire suspension. I have been researching on this site but I seem to be getting some confusing results. I was hoping one of you (or several) can assist me in going in the right direction. I will at most do mild off-roading but it would be seldom. So here is what I am wanting to do:

- Install a Leveling Kit (I've read that 2"-2.5" does the job). I'm fine with using a spacer kit at the top of the front struts. Is there a kit available that works with the Rebel (I see there is a kit from Fabtech, Icon, Daystar but not sure if they are compatible)? Will I need the Mopar Upper Control Arms?
- Replace the tires with the largest possible using the stock Rebel rims (I really like the stock wheels which is unusual for me). I have read 285/70R18 and 295/70R18 with some saying they rub and others say they don't. Will I need spacers if I go this route?
- I would like to retain the rest of the Rebel suspension as I really like it so not sure if this is an option or not.

Thanks for any help one of you can provide me on this. I know this question seems to get asked a lot but as I was combing through the forum, I couldn't seem to find a straight answer.

Bryan

DSN46

Reaction score
Hey Bryan. I was in the same place as you 4 months ago with my 2020. After reading until my eyes bled about all of the different combinations that everyone is throwing on their trucks, I just needed a simple answer about leveling, tires, and factory wheels. I very nice fellow on here was the only one who had done it yet and he advised me, so I will tell you exactly what I did.
ReadyLift 2" leveling kit WITH ReadyLift replacement upper control arms. 295/70/18 Yokohama G015 All Terrains (a short 35") on factory wheels. While you have everything apart (if doing yourself like I did) go ahead and replace your upper control arms with the ReadyLift arms. They come with 1-ton ball joints (greaseable) and are at a slight camber so that alignment is easy for the alignment guy. I couldn't be happier with my setup. It rides just as smooth and quiet as it did stock and looks WAY better with the wheel wells more filled up.
Hope this helps.
James

SKREBEL

Reaction score
I've decided to go this exact route. Just ordered the ReadyLift 2" leveling kit that includes the upper control arms for my 2021 Rebel. This is the best price that I've found.

My neighbor has a mobile tire business, after I get the leveling kit installed, he's going to look it over and we'll decide which size tires to order. I'm leaning towards the Yokohama Geolander MT's in a 295/70R18 on the stock wheels.

H2OMAN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are going to off road you need plenty of room to air down. Take that into consideration. If you get too large a tire they may fit at full pressure but you are left with a mall crawler because you can't air down.

Last edited:

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
If you are going to off road yyou need plenty of room to air down. Take that into consideration. If you get too large a tire they may fit at full pressure but you are left with a mall crawler because you can't air down.
So to take that into consideration, what is your recommendation for tire size with the ready lift?

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I've decided to go this exact route. Just ordered the ReadyLift 2" leveling kit that includes the upper control arms for my 2021 Rebel. This is the best price that I've found.

My neighbor has a mobile tire business, after I get the leveling kit installed, he's going to look it over and we'll decide which size tires to order. I'm leaning towards the Yokohama Geolander MT's in a 295/70R18 on the stock wheels.
Thank you!

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Bryan. I was in the same place as you 4 months ago with my 2020. After reading until my eyes bled about all of the different combinations that everyone is throwing on their trucks, I just needed a simple answer about leveling, tires, and factory wheels. I very nice fellow on here was the only one who had done it yet and he advised me, so I will tell you exactly what I did.
ReadyLift 2" leveling kit WITH ReadyLift replacement upper control arms. 295/70/18 Yokohama G015 All Terrains (a short 35") on factory wheels. While you have everything apart (if doing yourself like I did) go ahead and replace your upper control arms with the ReadyLift arms. They come with 1-ton ball joints (greaseable) and are at a slight camber so that alignment is easy for the alignment guy. I couldn't be happier with my setup. It rides just as smooth and quiet as it did stock and looks WAY better with the wheel wells more filled up.
Hope this helps.
James
James,

Thank you very much for this! This is exactly the answer I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to spell this out.

Couple questions (for all):
- are the Mopar upper control arms (for their 2” lift) the same as the ReadyLift?
- are all of the 2” strut top spacers the same regarding fitment of all Ram models (non-air) including the Rebel?

Bryan

DSN46

Reaction score
James,

Thank you very much for this! This is exactly the answer I was looking for. I appreciate you taking the time to spell this out.

Couple questions (for all):
- are the Mopar upper control arms (for their 2” lift) the same as the ReadyLift?
- are all of the 2” strut top spacers the same regarding fitment of all Ram models (non-air) including the Rebel?

Bryan
You are very welcome.
I don't think it really matters "who's" UCA's you end up with.... as long as you get those crappy factory ones off when you level. I just know that Readylift parts have been run on several of my vehicles over the years and I have never had a problem (even when I used to "really" off road). I know that RL uses one-ton ball joints (not gonna break them with our half ton trucks).
I can't speak to the quality of other brands on this particular application... but I've run Rough Country spacers on a couple of Jeeps and they held up fine.
Good luck!

NGEN

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So I am going with the ReadyLift 2" Leveling spacers and Mopar UCA. I'll get a picture once it is done next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/