5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling lift leaves front too high

Spears

Reaction score
My front sits slightly higher than the rear with the leveling lift. I bought it used with the lift installed.

I was planning to remove the front spacer for an extended towing trip And then maybe install something different later. When looking at what’s installed it does not appear to be like common spacer kits. It looks like I have to compress the spring to remove. Also I would need the original spring cap.

can anyone confirm what this is from the pic? As shown it does not have the bolts going into the top of the shock mount, only the bolts coming out the top Into the frame mount.

Attachments

• 13436862-C45B-45E4-971A-91FAF4509D40.jpeg
    13436862-C45B-45E4-971A-91FAF4509D40.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 62

Louhound88

Reaction score
My front sits slightly higher than the rear with the leveling lift. I bought it used with the lift installed.

I was planning to remove the front spacer for an extended towing trip And then maybe install something different later. When looking at what’s installed it does not appear to be like common spacer kits. It looks like I have to compress the spring to remove. Also I would need the original spring cap.

can anyone confirm what this is from the pic? As shown it does not have the bolts going into the top of the shock mount, only the bolts coming out the top Into the frame mount.
I've seen coil spring spacers similar to that before. Never installed any but it may be easy enough to just jack up the side, let the tire droop down, and you can pop them out. Not certain though, that's what i'd try first.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like what they would call a "top hat" spacer. It's just a spacer bolted to the top of the strut mount. You can pop the ball joint and remove the strut, unbolt the spacer, and reinstall the strut assembly

Spears

Reaction score
It does not appear to be a top hat spacer because there is no bolts going into the top of the existing top spring cap.

Wondering if there is a type that you replace the spring cap that pushed the spring down and then in turn moves the truck up.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a preload spacer to me. You could pull the stut and look to verify.

Users who are viewing this thread