5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

leveling kits

JR427

Reaction score
I have ordered a 2020 Ram 1500 4wd and have been looking at leveling kits. From what I've read, the simple spacers are not the way to go (harsh ride, not good for the suspension). So, my question is, do the leveling kits that include an upper A arm prevent abnormal wear to the suspension parts? If not, is there a better way/parts to use to achieve leveling?

NV2019

Reaction score
There's nothong wrong with above coil spacers at least around the 0-2 inch lift style (leveler's). I have a 2019 Laramie with the 4x4 OFP (off road package), which puts the truck @ one inch up already and then added Motofab 2" above coil spacers. Afterwards, and after some research, I decided to change out the upper control arms with a set of Readylift arms. Didn't care for Ram's UCA design with reguards to (upper joint angle at droop, or decent of suspension), can't say if they are the same for non-ORP 4x4's, but piece of mind for me to change them out. Haven't looked back.

TWRam

Reaction score
You can also drop the rear 2" with a set of springs. Cheap, quick, easy, effective. Just depends which way you want to go overall (Lift or drop).

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/