5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit with UCAs for ORP

trithumb

Reaction score
Just ordered 285/65r20s for my 21 laramie with the ORP. I am pretty sure they are gonna rub. Have been looking at getting a ready lift 2 inch level with the UCA to help but their notice says not to use it on the ORP trucks as it might be too much of a lift. Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone found any other kits that might work?

Jsyjud

Reaction score
Just ordered 285/65r20s for my 21 laramie with the ORP. I am pretty sure they are gonna rub. Have been looking at getting a ready lift 2 inch level with the UCA to help but their notice says not to use it on the ORP trucks as it might be too much of a lift. Anyone have any experience with this? Anyone found any other kits that might work?
I have an ORP with mopar lift and 285/65s. No rub with mopar UCAs a d no issues.

Jsyjud

Reaction score
I paid $1k for the lift and had it installed by the dealer for $385. So yea, $1,400 installed.

trithumb

Reaction score
Ouch, wasnt looking to spend that much if possible. Also this is a 2 inch lift. Since we have the ORP that is $1400 for a 1 inch lift right? The factory 1 inch lift is taken off to add the 2 inch lift.

Jsyjud

Reaction score
Ouch, wasnt looking to spend that much if possible. Also this is a 2 inch lift. Since we have the ORP that is $1400 for a 1 inch lift right? The factory 1 inch lift is taken off to add the 2 inch lift.
No its still a 2 inch. The factory 1 inch lift is achieved by the springs. The mopar lift uses your existing springs. So essentially a 3 inch lift total. You will hear people say you only get 1 inch but that's not true.

trithumb

Reaction score
Ahhh gotcha, I dont want to go too high. with the almost 35s plus the leveling kit, I dont want it to be annoying for my family to get in and out of. The wife is annoyed with it as is lol. the ready lift one with the UCAs is a 2 for the front alone. the reason they are giving for the ready lift is that might be too much of a lift to level it. Not sure how that would be different for the leveling. How close are you with rubbing? is it tight? or with your lift you have plenty of clearance? Did you do anything to update your wheel size for the speedo and shift points?

trithumb

Reaction score
just measured, I am at 22.5 to center of the wheel in the front and 25 in the back. Not sure how the 2 inch front level kit would be too much. maybe i dont understand suspension lol

Grided61

Reaction score

Grided61

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ORP with basically that setup and no rub. I added 2 1/2 inch spacers up front. After reading many threads I decided to use the UCAs that come with the Mopar lift kit. You can buy them separately and yes they are different. Installed myself and then had an alignment done. Couple hundred bucks and it looks and drives great. I’m sure there are many others that will weigh in with more experience than me but I’m pretty happy with it.

trithumb

Reaction score
Hows ride quality since? I gotta see if I can find those uca's. That might be the play. Any photos?

trithumb

Reaction score
I have a 2019 ORP with basically that setup and no rub. I added 2 1/2 inch spacers up front. After reading many threads I decided to use the UCAs that come with the Mopar lift kit. You can buy them separately and yes they are different. Installed myself and then had an alignment done. Couple hundred bucks and it looks and drives great. I’m sure there are many others that will weigh in with more experience than me but I’m pretty happy with it.
Where did you find your ucas? I can't find them anywhere solo. I can find other brands but nothing mopar.

Grided61

Reaction score
Where did you find your ucas? I can't find them anywhere solo. I can find other brands but nothing mopar.
There is a thread here somewhere that really goes into detail on these ucas and listed part numbers. They look identical to the stock ones. However, the ball joint allows for more travel which is helpful when your lifting it. I ordered them and picked them up at a nearby Mopar store. They did contact me to verify I really wanted these as they didn’t match up to my VIN. The ride is very good actually. I must say I am not an aggressive off-road guy. Just the occasional snow and forest service roads from time to time. I’ll look for the part numbers. CDDA80A4-80B9-46EC-852A-947E47F21ABE.jpeg

trithumb

Reaction score
There is a thread here somewhere that really goes into detail on these ucas and listed part numbers. They look identical to the stock ones. However, the ball joint allows for more travel which is helpful when your lifting it. I ordered them and picked them up at a nearby Mopar store. They did contact me to verify I really wanted these as they didn’t match up to my VIN. The ride is very good actually. I must say I am not an aggressive off-road guy. Just the occasional snow and forest service roads from time to time. I’ll look for the part numbers. View attachment 74883
Ty that'd be helpful

Grided61

Reaction score
Ok here the name of the thread I recommend reading it.

The OFFICIAL Answer......... MOPAR Front Upper Control Arm (UCA)

I learned a lot. It’s 6 pages long but at the end one guy posted pictures of a side by side comparison of the 2 ucas. Granted they look the same but he proved otherwise. I compared mine when I switched them out and confirmed they are different (more travel). I think together they cost me $130 and $50 for the spacers which some people don’t like. I have no issue with them and ran them on my last truck for 10 years without issue. I took the truck to a very good alignment shop and I wasn’t even out of alignment after swapping/adding everything including wheels and tires. If you can’t find the thread let me know. It’s good reading for sure.

trithumb

Reaction score
So I talked to readylift and they said the reason that their leveling kit doesnt work for the ORP is because the leveling kit will give you 2 inches and the factory 1 inch lift will be a total of 3 inches. The arms are not designed for 3 inches. I found rough country 3 -3.5 inch upper control arms so I am going to get some leveling spacers and run that combo and see what happens.

AA1mike

Reaction score
So I talked to readylift and they said the reason that their leveling kit doesnt work for the ORP is because the leveling kit will give you 2 inches and the factory 1 inch lift will be a total of 3 inches. The arms are not designed for 3 inches. I found rough country 3 -3.5 inch upper control arms so I am going to get some leveling spacers and run that combo and see what happens.
can you give us an update on what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread