5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leveling kit spacer measurements (Wulf, ReadyLift, and Daystar) w/ pics

doolin64

Reaction score
While trying to decide what lift I'm going to run, I've also gotten myself pretty confused.

So here's some measurements. My caliper is not very precise. It's a cheap harbor freight one but it's not to tell the story. Each picture is in Inches and MM.

Below is a Daystar 2.5 in front 1" rear leveling kit I bought. It's also referred to as 2" in different places on their site and in the directions.

IMG_20210214_130422_917000.jpg

What size is the tophat spacer from ReadyLift? I've seen it referred to as a 1.5" and 2" spacer. So what is it?

IMG_20210214_130907_697000.jpg

Wulf...I know it's a 1/2 inch spacer. I purchased this to go along with a Mopar lift I bought from a deadbeat eBay seller. The lift never shipped and and the seller never responded. I had to wait a month for eBay to refund me.

IMG_20210214_131019_139000.jpg

Anyone have a definitive 2.5 leveling top hat laying around they could measure? Somebody must have a Motofab 2.5 spacer waiting to go in.
As for me...I'm still undecided which way I'm going to lift my truck. I'm afraid the RL 3.5 SST will cause my truck to not fit in the garage. I'm afraid the Daystar won't be enough. I'd prefer not to spend Mopar kit money...

doolin64

Reaction score
I called Readylift and confirmed with them, the spacer included in there 2" kit is the same in the 3.5" SST kit. This would lead me to believe the Daystar space is indeed a 2.5" spacer. Unless the Daystar spacer compresses a little under the weight of the vehicle.

Ram1500rsm

Reaction score
The top spacers will be a different thickness than their advertised lift because you have to account the control arm motion ratio. it's not 1:1 in the front. It'll be more 1.6, so take the thickness of the spacer x 1.6 = lift height.

doolin64

Reaction score
That conversion would make the ReadyLift kit a 1.8"ish lift spacer and the Daystar a 2.2" ish.

Motofab, just called me back. They didn't give me an exact measurement, but the gentleman I spoke with said a 2.5" lift spacer should measure just over 1.5" tall.. Using your conversion...that would be approx at 2.4" of lift (give or take).

Users who are viewing this thread